Chapter 42

Wednesday December 31st 2014

New Years Eve! I've loved this day ever since I was a little girl. Getting together with loved ones to celebrate the end of one year and start a new one. The guys and I thought that the New Years party that was being held in a park in downtown Baltimore would be a great way to celebrate tonight. There was going to be a concert, games, and everything else. Fall Out Boy was the main act so we were all excited about that. Alex had also warned me that all of the guys' parents were going out to this event as well, including his parents. I had to admit that when he first asked me to meet them, I was nervous, but these past few days have given me time to settle down. Now I felt no pressure about it.

The one thing that I'm not sure that I'll get to do is give Alex a midnight kiss. We'll have to see how things go with his parents — I'd hate if they disapproved of me and then saw me making out with their son. But, I think I'm a delight so heres to hoping they like me!

——————

Rachel's POV

I was just in mine and Alex's bedroom trying to figure out something to wear for tonight. I wanted to wear a nice and sexy dress, but obviously not slutty. I didn't wanna make a bad impression on Alex's parents.

"Hey, did you figure out what you're wearing tonight?" Alex said coming in our room, eating a bag of chips.

"I cant decide between my black dress and my dark blue dress. What do you think?" I held them both up by my side and showed them to him.

"I think you look stunning in both of them, I cant decide either"

"Thanks for the help" I said sarcastically.

"Hey can I ask you a question?" he said once I laid both the dresses on the bed trying to decide still.

"Sure"

"You wanna go out with me?"

I lifted my head up, raising an eyebrow at him, "Alex...dont you remember you asked me that question like, oh I dont know, 9 months ago? And I said yes"

"Yeah I know that, you farthead, I'm trying to be adorable and ask you on a date," he stood up behind me and rubbed my shoulders, "just you and I. Early dinner tonight. Before we meet up with everyone for the party. What do you say? Will you go out with me?"

"I cant resist you. Yeah lets do it"

"Alright! I'll pick you up at your house at 6?" He asked jokingly, heading downstairs.

I played along, "do you remember where I live? Should I text you my address?"

"Wear the black one, it's hot!" he shouted from the stairs.

———————

Alex's POV

"Thank you for agreeing to go out with me tonight, Rachel, I gotta say I was scared you were going to reject me" I grabbed a breadstick from the basket in between Rachel and I.

She gave me a cheeky grin, "I could never reject the hottest guy in Baltimore"

"So..." I put my elbows on the table and rested my head in my hands, "tell me about yourself"

"Alex, do we really need to keep this fake game going still?"

"Right, I'll stop. But seriously, tell me something. Something you think I dont know by now"

"Ummmm" she had to ponder about that for a minute. It seems like we know pretty much everything about each other. "I honestly cant think of anything that you don't already know about me, Alex"