Chapter 14

Alex's POV

Home. Oh how I loved hearing that word. Although I absolutely loved the word's "we're going on tour" as well, I loved going home after a successful tour. 

It was a dreary and rainy first Sunday of March and the guys and I were approaching the border back into Maryland. Throughout our little tour, I had received numerous texts from Rachel, all of them wondering where I was, if I was doing okay, and if I was purposely ignoring her. They had eventually stopped after the first week we were out of town. She probably got fed up with me not responding, but I had no control over that because of our crappy phone plans.

"So you guys gonna run into each others arms when you go to see her later?" Zack said to me, earning laughs from Rian, Jack, and our van driver that we hired for the mini-tour.

"Yeah it would be all romantic and shit in all this rain too, ya big cheeseball" Jack added.

"Well I might be earning a swift punch to the gut from her for not messaging her back, so your thoughts might turn out differently" I said scratching the back of my neck. Honestly, I was scared of what her reaction was gonna be. Rian and I had planned out that he would drive me over to her house later so I could surprise her, but I'm not sure how that'll go.

We had just crossed the state border and back into Maryland and I instantly debated of texting Rachel that I was back home and would be coming to see her soon. I decided to leave it alone and keep it as a surprise. Who knows, maybe she'll love it.

------------

Rachel's POV

Another day of worrying about where Alex is and if he's alright, but my worrying was starting to fade more and more each day. If something had been wrong or anything else had happened to him, he would have called me or had someone call me, and I was sure of that. It was hard to completely push him out of my mind though. My feelings for him were inevitably growing ever since the last time we saw each other the time he stayed over at my house. "I just gotta focus on something else" I told myself. I decided to work on my own music in my studio on the second floor, trying to drown out any thoughts except for ideas on what I could create.

-------------

Alex's POV

"Alright man, let's go!" I said quickly to Rian once the van stopped in front of his house. I excitedly grabbed our bags and exited the van, heading towards his house.

"Dude just chill!" he yelled to me, "bye guys. See you sometime this week" he waved to Zack and Jack. I gave them a quick wave and Rian and I raced to his front door in the pouring rain. We were pretty wet already from the few seconds we stood in the driveway while we were saying goodbye to the guys, so I would make sure to change before heading to Rachel's house. 

Rian unlocked his door and we both entered as fast as we could, shaking from the rain.

"Okay, I'm gonna just get changed into dry clothes and then we'll go" Rian said to me walking towards his room.

"Yeah I'm gonna do the same. God I hope she's gonna be happy to see me again" I said entering his bathroom to get changed, hoping that she would in fact be glad to see me.

"Well she hasn't seen you since you left her house two weeks ago, she probably will be excited to see you. Either that, or she'll wanna kick your ass for not telling her that you were leaving" he yelled back at me.

I had worried about that outcome a couple of times, but at the time, I thought it would be best if I didn't tell her as a way of telling myself that I wouldn't miss her. But guess what, I fucking missed her!