Chapter 7: Natural Curiosity

Start from the beginning

"Dad stop," Bex covered her ears.

"Well if you are sexually active, we need to have this talk. It's important to—"

"I didn't sleep with her! She's not my girlfriend. You have the wrong idea," Bex cut him off.

"She said you fell asleep in bed, after the two of you, what was the word? Oh, after the two of you completed strenuous activities," He said sure of himself.

Bex groaned and ran her buttery hands down her face.

"I just want to know it's okay that you like girls. We still support you 110% nothing will change that. And just because you are sleeping with a girl doesn't mean you shouldn't practice safe sex. Your mother and I compiled a list of safe sex for lesbians' resources for you," He handed her a list.

"Oh my god," Bex said in horror.

"Be sure you check out those websites. It is always better to be safe than sorry. That said, I would appreciate it if we got to meet your girlfriend. Sooner rather than later. She sounds, uh... smart."

"Are you done yet?" Bex whimpered.

"Your mother and I want you to know we love you, and we support you. Just remember that. You don't ever have to feel like you need to hide something from us. If you ever want to talk about it, or anything, you know where to find us."

With that, he kissed her on the forehead before quickly leaving the room.

Bex faceplanted into her bed. The list of websites and resources still between her buttery fingers.

"Lyssa!" she screamed into the sheets.

She kicked her feet in the air, trying to deal with this ultimate embarrassment. When she was done throwing her fit, she sat up and looked at the list. Her eyes scanned the paper before she tossed it to the floor. Then she got up, ran to her door, and slammed it shut. Her face was redder than a tomato.

She quickly snagged her phone off the bed. She wanted to give that vampire an earful for making her go through this.

Lyssa was splayed out on her huge king-sized bed. She had a book in her hands and was completely relaxed as soft classical music played in the background. She jolted in place and dropped her book when her phone buzzed and rang from the nightstand.

Her eye twitched before she sat up and grabbed it, knowing only one person could be calling her. She quickly turned the music off and closed her book before answering.

"Is it an emergency?" she asked.

"Why did you tell my dad that you are my girlfriend!?" Bex accused.

"What!? I did no such thing," Lyssa scoffed.

"Well, now they think we are dating, or even worse, that we had sex! I just experienced the most horrifying sex talk ever! This is all your fault."

"Sex with you, I'd never." Lyssa crinkled her nose.

"What? Why not?" Bex felt offended.

"What do mean why not? You are absolutely—"

"You know what, it doesn't matter. Because like I would ever have sex with you anyways!" She cut Lyssa off.

"How dare you!"

"How dare you! Now my parents think I am a lesbian."

"And what's wrong with that?" Lyssa challenged.

"Nothing, besides the fact that I am not one!"

"Could have fooled me," Lyssa muttered.

"Excuse you?" Bex paused in her pacing around the room.