17 (c) - Stronger 2gether

Author's note :
Soundtrack and lyrics :
Rocksteddy - Smile at me
Bright V - Your Smile (2gether OST)

--------------

Sarawat's POV

I had never been clearer and more certain about anything else in my life as I was about Tine.

I looked beyond the crowd towards Tine. Our eyes met and the noise died away for me.

No one else existed in that moment except Tine.

"Not everyone falls in love. Those of us who are fortunate enough to do so, don't choose who they fall in love with. It just happens by itself, as the universe intends.

If you're very, very fortunate, the one you love will love you back. And when that happens, you don't think about what's right or wrong in someone else's eyes. You just hold on to your love and never let go.

I am among those incredibly lucky people whose love was returned in equal measure, if not more. I thank my stars every day for it, and I've promised to spend my life making it worthwhile to love me.

Today, I want to sing for the man that I love. I don't care what people might think or say. They don't have his love, I do.

I can only express my love for him through my music and hope that the world understands what we mean to each other.

This one is for you, Tine.

Funny how I fell for you
And the day you caught my eye
And my life has never been the same
Since the day I saw your smile

As it shines above everyone
You stand out from the crowd
Somehow I can't find the words to say
You're indescribable

You sweep me off my feet
Everytime you smile at me, at me, at me

You light my way
You always take my breath away
You set me free
When every time you smile at me

There's this feeling that I can't hide
That I couldn't get enough of you
I can't deny, I'm mesmerized
By the beauty of your smile

Cause you knock me off my scene
Every time you smile at me, at me, at me

You light my way
You always take my breath away
You set me free
When every time you smile at me
You light my way
You always take my breath away
You set me free
When every time you smile at me

Tine walked towards me, along the perimeter of the crowd, his eyes wet.

I didn't register the applause or the crowd. My eyes saw only him.

He reached me, and in full view of his neighbours and friends, he held my face in his hands and kissed me.

Loud whoops and whistles pierced the air. People "ooh"ed and "aah"ed. Tissues were being pressed to eyes where people had gotten emotional. Sighs, gasps and "awwww"s punctuated the scene.

I couldn't care less for them. I kissed him back like my life depended on it.

My Tine was happy.

Tine's POV

I'd heard the whispers and snide remarks following me all evening long. I eventually saw the photo on someone's phone.

I hoped Wat would not get affected by all the drama. I didn't care. People would always say things that meant nothing to me.

But seeing Wat walk away from me, I knew it had hit him harder than I thought.