16 (a) - Date 2gether

Recommended soundtrack :
Sixpence none the richer - Kiss me

------------

Tine's POV

The phone rang.

"Hi Tine, how's it going?" said Wat.

"Hello Wat, it's going great. Why are you calling me from the living room when I'm literally three feet away in the bedroom?" I asked, getting up off the bed to go to him.

"Stay right there, please. I want to do this properly. We've been together for a year now, and I haven't ever taken you out on a proper date before. Would you make me a happy man and go on one with me tonight?" said Wat, earnestly.

I smiled. I loved how even after spending almost every waking minute and all our sleeping minutes together, he could still make my heart flutter.

"I'd love to go on a date with you", I said.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 7. It's a fancy place, so dress accordingly. I can't wait to see you", said Wat and I heard the front door closing.

I went out to the living room and found myself alone there.

Sarawat's POV

I stood at the front door, feeling nervous for some reason. Only Tine could make my heart race this way.

I'd dressed formally for the occasion. A black shirt with a dark grey tailored suit, no tie. Black leather shoes and a leather watch completed the look. Of course, the pick bracelet stayed on my wrist as always.

I pressed the door bell and took a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"Just a minute" said Tine from behind the door. My heart was already thumping loudly in my chest.

He opened the door and I was rendered speechless.

Tine looked like a movie star. He wore a soft creamy-white shirt under a light grey linen coat with matching fitted trousers and a white pocket square. He wore brown leather shoes. The first two buttons of his shirt were open.

I wanted to take him to the bed right then and there.

"Hi Wat, you look amazing. Are those for me?" said Tine, looking at the small posy of flowers in my hand.

"What? Yes, these are for you", I said, handing him the small bouquet.

Get your act together, Wat!

"Thanks. Do you want to come inside while I put these in water?" said Tine, smelling the flowers.

I nodded and stepped into our home, which suddenly seemed like a strange place.

"Would you like some water, Wat?" offered Tine as he placed the flowers in a mason jar.

"I'm fine, thank you. Shall we make a move? The reservation is for 8", I said, not knowing how to act around Tine. I felt like I was meeting him for the first time.

Tine nodded and we made our way to my car.

I opened the car door for him and he got in with a smile.

I jogged over to the driver's seat.

"I didn't know you had a suit, Wat", said Tine, giving me the once over.

"I drove home to my parents' to get it", I said.

Mom was surprised and delighted when I came out of my room wearing it.

"The trip was clearly well worth it. You look like a million bucks" said Tine, checking me out.

I laughed. "Thanks. And you don't look half-bad yourself. I mean, you always look stunning, but when you opened that door, you took my breath away" I said, my eyes on the road, but my hand reaching out to hold his.