In Your Arms (Eren X Paranoiac!Reader)

~A/N: Listen As You Read! www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeCv8M… ~

Sometimes I feel like I can't run, I can't crawl

    Constricting.

    That's how you'd describe it.

    A constricting sensation contorting about your entire figure, causing you to be short of breath, for your heart rate in increase at a high level, and even for your hands to tremble by your sides even at your attempts to stop them. You weren't quite sure what to call these small episodes of absolute terror and fright that would overcome your form and cause you to fall to the floor, all you knew was that you weren't very fond of them. And the worse part about it was, you had no idea how to stop it, or be rid of it. You simply had to let the shivers and gasps and fearsome images flash through your mind, and run their course as you crumbled into a pitiful position with warm salty water droplets staining your cheeks.

    You couldn't run from it, you couldn't hide from it, all you could do was wait it out, and allow the sensation to cascade over your form.

    And you absolutely hated it.

    To feel weak and useless, at the mercy of your own mental state that did doubtlessly nothing to aid your shivering and gasps for breaths, or even bothered attempting to control your gasps for air. All you could do was sit, feel utterly hopeless and defeated as you sat all by your lonesome.

    You felt that if he knew, he'd frown upon your pathetic self.

And sometimes I feel like I ain't nothing at all

    Which is why you could do nothing but fill yourself with self-loathing when he stumbled upon your sobbing figure in the corner of the room you shared. You tried oh-so desperately to gather yourself together, to reassure him all was nothing, and yet that somber spirit in the back of your mind continued to cause your mind to spin with grim thoughts and pensive memories.

    Eren was a powerful, passionate, and determined person in all. Just a glance at his stance was enough to let anyone know that he would let absolutely nothing stand in his way on his journey to his goal. Admittedly, being with him made you feel much more safer than you had been with anything else. it could possibly be the way his emerald hues would scan over yours with a silent gesture of reassurance, or how his arms would subconsciously drape over your shoulders to remind you of his devotion. He seemed to keep you at a serene tranquil state without even realizing it.

    And that's why you hated for him to see you in such a distressed condition. You didn't want to seem weak in front of the strongest person you knew, the person you loved enough to not want them to worry about you.

    Yet, he quickly dashed to your side, getting to his knees as his palms gently pressed themselves to your shoulders. He delicately tipped your chin up for your eyes to meet his emerald orbs, swimming with confusion and concern as he silently surveyed your quivering figure.

Life is a journey where you stumble and fall

    "I-I'm sorry," you stuttered softly, eyes flitting downwards to the floor below.

    "Don't apologize," he whispered, using the pad of his thumbs to wipe at the tears trickling down the smooth skin of your cheeks. "I get it," he said with a soft grin. "It can all be too much sometimes, I know," he said, nodding softly.

    Inhaling deeply at your attempts to control your ragged breaths, your brows knitted together with turmoil. "But... I'm supposed to be strong, and not cry. I have to be determined, like... like you," you murmured.

    He defiantly shook his head, peppering your face with gentle consoling pecks. "No, no you don't. Even I'm not strong, okay? It's alright to break down and... and cry, or look for help," he said. Resting his forehead against yours, his hues met yours, shining with the usual passionate, radiant brilliance they always contained. "But I'll always be here for you, okay?"

    "... Hold me..."

    "Hm?"

    "Just- just hold me," you murmured.

    With a slight moment of hesitation, he sat on his knees and gathered you in his arms, pressing you closely to his chest. A shuddered breath blew past your lips as you grasped the fabric of his shirt in your fists, burying your head into the crook of his neck. Firmly locking his hands at your spine, he rest his head atop yours, soothingly rocking back and forth at a methodical pace, helping your brisk breaths to slow to a steady pace.

    You knew that if you remained in his arms, you'd always remain with a peaceful safe security.

But I'm okay
When I lie down in your arms