Chapter 17: Kayra and Vodka? Not a Good Idea

Start from the beginning

"Thank you", I smiled.

"So I'll catch you later?"

"Sure"

"Enjoy the party"

"I will",he smiled at me and I smiled back. I saw the flick in his green eyes despite the party lights.

"Ouuuuu", I turned to see Stephanie grinning and wiggling her eyebrows.

"What?"

"Kingsley and you,I see."

"Oh please"

"So do you like him too?"

"What? No! And what do you mean by 'do you like him too'? We're just friends."

"Oh come on. Look at the way he smiled at you."

"He's just really friendly, that's all."

"I don't think so",she sang.

"Whatever. I'm thirsty,I'm going to get something to drink."

"You know I'm never wrong",she sang again and I just shook my head.

"What can I get you beautiful ladies?" The super hot guy who works the bar asked

"Um,a shot of tequila please." Yes, Steph does drink sometimes but she's a responsible drinker.

"And for you?"

"A non alcoholic fizz please", I mentioned it already that I don't drink and I don't intend to.

"She'll have some vodka", someone said behind me.

I turned around

Audrey

What is she doing here? Oh yeah,why wouldn't she be here? That's all she knows, partying and being a bitch.

"I would like a fizz, thank you",I just ignored her.

"Of course,Kayra Summers is immature so she still drinks non-alcoholic drinks. I'm not surprised"

Is she taunting me?

"Um,can I have my drink now please?" I was still determined to ignore her. I can't have her ruining my evening.

"Oh what's wrong Kayra? Are you afraid that I'm saying the truth? That you're still a child and you can't even drink vodka?"

Okay I am getting pissed off now. Who does she think she is?

"Go away Audrey", Stephanie tried to defend me

"Ignore her Steph"

"Oh she should ignore me. The little girl is old enough to ignore people,wow!"

"I am not a little girl"

"Oh really,if you aren't,have some vodka. After all, that's what we mature people are drinking." She stressed on mature

"I drink what I want to. You can't tell me otherwise."

"Oh wow,the little girl knows how to talk back too,I'm impressed"

There's just one way to shut this mother effer up

" Okay,you know what? I'll have two shots of vodka please"

"Kayra,are you sure?" Steph whispered into my ear

"Watch me"

I downed one shot and I grimaced as the liquid run down my throat leaving a burning sensation.

Wow,that wasn't so bad. In fact, I want more

A lady passed by us with a tray of beer bottles. I grabbed one and took a bottle opener from the bar counter to open it. I gulped the beer down and I still felt like I wanted more.

"Kayra, that's enough. This is your first time, you'll get drunk".

"So it is your first time,"Audrey smirked .

"Would you just shut up?!" Stephanie retorted.

I turned to the bartender and asked for another shot.

"Kayra!"

"Sorry sorry. But you can't tell me how many drinks I should have."

"Kayra,stop drinking. You've had enough."

After downing the vodka,I turned to Audrey.

"Hey you,what are you still doing here? Aren't you satisfied?"

"Oh I'm fine. Enjoy the rest of the party." Then she literally guffawed and walked away.

I started to feel dizzy afterwards.

"Kayra? Are you okay?" Stephanie asked when I lost my balance.

"I'm fine,I'm fine",I managed to say but my words came out slurred.

"Kay you're drunk."

"No no I'm not drunk, just a little tipsy."

She laughed and I don't know why.

"Yes, you are. You're drunk. I told you you had had enough but you didn't listen. Here,let me help you,let's get to the couch so you can sit."

I felt the ground beneath me spin and it was difficult to walk properly even though Stephanie was helping me keep my balance.

We finally got to the couch after what to me felt like ages. My head started to pound and the music seemed too loud.

I think I passed out after that because when I opened my eyes,I was in the backseat of Gale's car and he was driving, probably taking me home.

Only God knows what my parents would do to me.

Kayra, you're in some big trouble

*******

So......Kayra has put herself in trouble. And I'm sure we can all guess what's going to happen to her.

Oh and I actually haven't drank vodka or beer before,I just pictured that scene based on what I've read and watched so pardon me if it seems too unreal.

Well, thanks for reading xxx

Please don't forget to vote 😊💙

- Jess💖