"How many oranges?"

Liam kissed my cheek and nuzzled into my neck. "Five?"

Tim giggled. "The two of you are weird, but whatever. When will Aiden and Ellie come?"

"They land in two hours, right, Sky?"

"Right. And we will have lunch together."

Tim grinned. "Cool. I'll help you make it."

***

The three of us got to work right after breakfast. Liam and Tim got the snacks ready, and I busied myself with some roast meat. I wanted the meal to be special. My engagement still felt like a dream, but it was as real as the beautiful ring on my finger. I admired the round stone surrounded by smaller gems, marveling at how it shone in the sunlight streaming from the kitchen window.

"Do you like it?" Liam whispered in my ear, curling an arm around my waist and pulling me to him.

"I love it. You must have spent a fortune."

"I'm only getting married once, and you deserve this and more. Do you need help with anything?"

Smiling, I rested my head against Liam's shoulder and kissed his lips. "The wine and setting the table."

"Got it."

Liam's frame disappeared in the kitchen doorway after he kissed me once again.

Everything was ready soon, and I rushed to open the front door when five familiar knocks broke the quiet.

"Elizabeth, married life suits you," I said to my very tanned and glowing friend as soon as she and her husband stepped into the apartment.

Ellie squeezed me in a hug and kissed my cheek soundly, while Aiden and Liam exchanged a guy half-hug and a fist bump.

"I missed you," Ellie said into my hair.

I laughed. "Liar. I'm sure you didn't have time to think about anything other than your husband. Any godchildren for me yet?"

Ellie burst out laughing. "God, no. We're still on the practice stage."

"Lots of practice, huh?"

I smiled at the way Ellie grinned and shrugged her shoulders. Then, I noticed what she was holding.

"See? I told you!"

Ellie extended the cactus to me so that I could inspect the bright pink flower on top. "Toughie decided to bloom now. I think I'm going to give one to you, too."

"Girls, some people are hungry, just saying," Liam said, leaning against the door leading to the living room.

Ellie giggled. "Some people are always hungry, but let's go."

Sat at the table, Aiden and Tim laughed as they talked about something when we joined them.

"Tim was telling me all about his new team and the training. Isn't it cool?" Aiden said, looking at Liam, who lowered himself onto a chair by my side and drew an arm around my shoulders.

"It's more than cool. I'm happy we accepted the club's offer."

"Me too," said Tim. "I'm going to play a lot next season, Liam."

Liam smiled. "That's right, but you remember what I told you."

Tim nodded, grinning. "School first because I need to have a plan B."

Our friends laughed. Then, Liam glanced at me, and I gave him a barely perceptible nod.

"We have something we'd like to tell you," Liam said to Ellie and Aiden. "I asked Sky to marry me, and-"