Chapter 11

It was one of the best nights I'd remembered in a while

Aiden and Ellie left after we had some drinks at our place. As much as I wanted to go out and continue the celebration after the gala somewhere else, now I was grateful for the rain.

We spent time with our friends, talking and laughing. I talked to Sky.
I almost kissed her. Twice.

Once, in the dark Auditorium, when I told her things about my family. The second almost-kiss was in the back of the cab.

I wanted more. More of her curves under my palms as we danced. More of her skin. More of her hand in mine.

But now, it was the cognac talking. We had quite a lot to drink. I shouldn't be thinking about her in that way when I was buzzed.

I shouldn't be thinking about her in that way, period. A moment of weakness after I'd opened up to her was one thing. Our reality in which we hardly knew each other and shared this apartment was another one.

I wanted her a lot. But if I acted on it, things could get awkward. I wasn't good at dealing with those situations. Yesterday was an excellent example of that.

"I'm getting rid of these."

Sky got up and stepped out of her high-heeled shoes, kicking them aside.

"Do your feet hurt?" I asked.

"Not so much, but it will be better if I have another drink. Pour that cognac in the glass, roomie."

"Wait." Chuckling, I grabbed one of the scented candles Sky had collecting dust on the coffee table and lit it. Then, I turned off the light.

"You're making the whole thing look romantic." Sky smiled at me from the couch.

"It's our home, roomie. I wanted to make it cozy and shit."

I poured the cognac in two glasses and handed one to Sky. She twirled it in her hands, saying nothing at first.
"What do you think about the prize we got?" she asked in a short while.

"Champagne? Do you wanna open it now?"

"No, Liam." Sky rolled her eyes. "Access to the dance studio. I think I might want to check it out. Do you?"

"I don't know." I sighed. "I kind of left that in the past, Sky."

"You still love it. Isn't it reason enough to continue?"

"It's not that easy. You've seen that we hardly have any free time now with all the workload. Going to the gym is enough exercise."

"Okay." Sky shrugged. "As you wish."

I placed my hand on her cheek. "Are you upset? You should still go and see what they offer. It'd be a shame to waste it. These things are expensive, and you have if for free."