Chapter 48

"What happened to your endurance, roomie?" Liam smiled at me, raking his fingers through his damp hair, waiting for me to catch a breath

I forgot what it was like to dance as if you were going to showcase your skills. Dance practice with Liam was no joke- apart from knowing the moves of pretty much every dance that existed, he was serious about stretches and warmups.

We'd been dancing together for almost two weeks, and the more time we spent at the studio, the fitter I felt. My mood was excellent, and my focus improved.

I wasn't going to fail Econ, of that I was certain. The girls and I had to finish the project still, but for the first time since I started my degree, I felt interested and motivated. I listened to Liam and realized that what I studied had many practical applications. I could have my own business, and thanks to what I studied, I would know how to make it successful.

Being with the right person meant improving other areas of your life. I now understood what Ellie meant when she said that she and Aiden pushed each other in the right direction. When I got tired and grumpy and complained about how much I had to study, Liam made me a cup of tea and hugged me while I drank it. Then, I could carry on studying with him by my side. He would work on his laptop while I read or took notes, and although we hardly talked not to distract each other, being together like that felt oddly reassuring.

"My endurance is okay." I pretended to pout as Liam chuckled, shaking his head.

"I doubt it. Let me remind you that you were the one to choose the songs today. If it were up to me, we would be slow-dancing."

"Horizontally in bed?" I asked, biting my lip.

Liam groaned, walking to the windowsill where he'd left his phone. "Yeah, sweetheart. Keep saying those things to me as if you hadn't driven me wild already. You know I will wait for as long as you want me to, but it doesn't mean that I'm not dying to kiss you and sleep in your bed."

I smiled at the guy who started to fumble with his phone, looking for the last song for today's practice.

Today, I made Liam dance to my girl power playlist, and although he laughed and shook his head, he didn't say no to Beyonce. Liam was trying to make me happy, and he succeeded.

"Okay, I've got it," my dance partner said. "I'm going to do something, and you will do as I say, okay?"

I shrugged. "Sure, bossy pants. Show me your daddy ways."

Liam chuckled, rolling his eyes. Then, he walked up to me, holding a thin scarf in his hands.

A slow melody started to play. It wasn't that typical, though - I would call it a mix of pop and classical music because of the instrumental part.

Liam reached behind me and tied the ends of the scarf behind my head.

"Why?" I asked, uncomfortable because of my inability to see.