The Finding

"I'm gonna be late for my date with Dolton."

"Don't worry!" said Lydia, my best friend.

Lydia dragged me by my arm, through

her house door.

"It's dark in here."

"That's the idea, stupid!"

"Ugh, what the hell, Lydia!"

The lights turned on and almost all the people in our grade popped out yelling,

"Surprise!"

I saw a big banner that said 'I love you, Riley' with a heart. Obviously Dolton's work.

Every went to partying automatically, and Dolton appeared walking to me.

"Rilez! Happy one year!" he hugged me.

"Happy one year, Dolty!" I kissed him. He broke the kiss, and stared into my eyes.

"Guys shouldn't you take this to another room?" a familiar voice kidded around. I looked and it was Luke, Dolton's best friend. "Shut up, Luke." I teased and punched him in the shoulder.

Dolton leaned down and whispered in my ear, leaving Luke awkwardly walking away.

"Come upstairs with me." he whispered and dragged me by my hand, through a crowd of drunk teens.

He opens the door to Lydia's guest bedroom.

"I'll be right back." he winked and closed the door behind him.

Leaving me all alone in here.

I sat on the bed, twiddling with my fingers. Thinking about all the things he could be doing right now. All the troubles he went through for this party. How Lydia must really care about me for helping him with this.

My phone vibrated, I pulled it out of my pocket. It was just an annoying spam email. I saw the time, and realized how long I've been sitting here.

I open the door and step out the room. I run into Luke in the hallway and ask, "have you seen Dolton?"

"Umm, last time I saw him we went into the bathroom." he pointed at the bathroom down the hall.

I step closer and closer, hearing moaning from the bathroom. I twist the knob to see Lydia. Not only Lydia. Dolton. Naked. We all just stare at each other is shock and silence. Luke walks behind me. "Did you find hi-" he then sees the terrible scene in front of us.

"Okay then..." he whispers.

They rush for their clothes, and I run down the stairs, tears streaming from my eyes.

"Riley, wait!" I hear Dolton's voice yell.

I shove through the crowd and out the door. Realizing that I have no ride, I kick her trash can, trash spilling out. I cry in frustration. Then I see something shining with the reflection of the street light. I look closer and lean in. A condom wrapper.

What if that's Dolton's? How long has this been going on? My mind fills with questions that might never be answered.

I throw myself on the ground, bawling my eyes out. Then I hear someone sit next to me, and put an arm around me. Comforting me.

"Dolton, fuck off."

"It's Luke."

I look up to him, and lean my head on his shoulder.

"That was a pretty dick move."

"Tell me about it."

"Want a ride home?" he asks me.

I nod and he stands up. He reaches an arm out and helps me up. He walks to his car and opens the passenger seat door for me. I step in and he gets in the driver's seat.

"Pick a station." he tells me, flashing his smile to me. My heart melts a little. Was he always like this? Normally I would see him as a solid 8, and sorta nice. Now all of a sudden I see him as a warm, and cute guy. What's wrong with me? Maybe it's just because I'm vulnerable at the moment. Whatever I just need to get home and take a long shower.