ɪɪ. chapter thirteen

"Stop screwin' up your face."

"I'm not screwing up my face."

"Suh yuh gwan lie to mi face?!"

Hoseok sighed as he lightly pushed the bowl of butternut squash from his face, "Stop trying to pick a fight with me."

I told his ass two nights in a row to not force himself to eat what I eat. His groans pissed me off and I couldn't tolerate them much longer, "I told you that my lifestyle is different. Don't be makin' noise when I told you this plenty of times. Go get a cheeseburger from Arby's or something."

Hoseok took a deep breath, "I have to get back to Korea next week."

"Yeah," I said with a slight shrug in my voice, "you told me already." I didn't mean to be short with him but I didn't know what to say. Shit was different between us.

"I'll be back within two months," Hoseok said with conviction and looked at me as if he wanted me to say more, "I'll be working for two months then I'll be back for good."

I hummed as I stabbed my fork into my squash, "Okay."

In the next two days, my second sonogram appointment was the day before Hoseok had to leave. I was expecting to find out the sex of the baby so that was probably the only thing I was looking forward to that day. Things between Hoseok and I were still a bit rocky, between him cringing at the alkaline vegan meals, and his loud music... I was kinda glad that I'm getting a two month break from him.

I valued peace but I also valued the idea of wrapping my hands around his neck. My sonogram, Dr. Casey, was very excited to meet Hoseok. She didn't know he was a famous rapper or anything so it eased all the anxiety I had. I feared for Hoseok's reputation if word of this was to get out and it seemed like I was more worried than him?

When Dr. Casey told me that I was having a boy I didn't feel shocked or anything. Hoseok was over the moon and it would've been cute if I wasn't pissed off at him. When we walked out the office, all I heard was Hoseok's excited chants.

"He's gonna be the cutest baby," Hoseok rambled on as we walked to my car, "I can't wait to have my own Jung baby."

I paused and looked at him, "Who said he was gonna have your last name?" If looks could kill, I would've been in the ditch. Hoseok's eyebrows furrowed, "What?"

"Who said he was going to have Jung as his last name?"

"Are you joking, right?"

"Does it look like I'm joking?"

Hoseok frowned as he glared at me, "Cierra, I'm the father. How—"

"—We're not having this discussion here... so get in the car and wait until we get back to my place."

The key was barely into the keyhole when Hoseok started ranting about how unfair I was being and blasé, blasé.

"Hoseok, you're doing too damn much for me," I huffed as I pushed my way inside my apartment, "are you really tryna pick a fight with me right now?"

"You just told me my son won't have my last name... how the fuck do you expect me to react?"

I rolled my eyes even harder and tossed my keys on the dinner table and turned on the lights, "How do you expect this to work, Hoseok? Do you think this is some magical thing?! You live in Korea and I'm in America, think about this!"

"I am thinking," Hoseok argued back and it was obvious that he was so angry... I've never seen him so angry. "Cierra, I know. But the way you're going about this shit is wrong."

"Anyways, we have to speak with my family tomorrow," I dismissed cause my head was starting to hurt and I wanted to lay down, "have a good night."

I didn't expect my family to be so cordial with Hoseok when me and Hoseok went to visit the following day. Hoseok had a flight to Korea the next day and I needed him to see my family before he left. I didn't even care if he came back to Atlanta after he left. There were no hard feelings and everything just seemed so impossible.

"I know that distance will be a problem," Hoseok said at the table to everyone after we finished eating. Of course, I had to bring my own food because getting West Indians to be alkaline vegans would be like taking a shit on Mars. Impossible.

"Just get dual citizenship," Chelsea suggests with a shrug, "you two can just get married and—"

"—what?!"

What the fuck?! Married?!

Everyone else was in shock too because it was a bit silent until Chelsea spoke again, "If you two get married then he gets citizenship here in the States."

"No!" I was angry. What the fuck? This was just too much. "Hoseok is a Korean superstar, lived in Korea his whole life, now you suggest he becomes a citizen here? He has a life!"

"Cierra," I looked over to see Hoseok not even angry about this, "I can make my own decisions. I have a life and that now includes our son, so at least think about this."

I chuckled dryly, "Whatever, I will."

I just let it go at that moment because I know it wasn't going to happen. Rich, superstar Hoseok in Korea, stopping everything to become a father to an ex that he has sloppy history with?

Yeaaah.... sure.

sorry i took so long, ive been stuck lol
ten votes for an update, book is almost done!