Prologue/Chapter 1-Runaway

Hi, My name's Hiccup right now I'm panicking because elder Gothi is choosing who will kill the Monstrous Nightmare. My dad's Stoick the Vast chief of berk. I used to dream of this moment for so long but, a few weeks ago when I shot down a Night fury the offspring of Lightning of death itself that all changed. I let it go and now me and toothless are best of friends and my only friend besides Gobber but then again I see him more like a father. And ever since I started to win Dragon training I became liked, but that's not how I want people to like me. I want them to like me for who I am. I am gobbers apprentice. He's the blacksmith, So I'm pretty good at inventing witch the whole village hates cause most of my inventions accidentally destroy the village.

"You've done it! You've done it, Hiccup! You get to kill the dragon!" Gobber said happily

I look up to my father and I see a look of pure pride on his face and that makes me happy and sad at the same time. "Ha, Ha that's my boy!" Stoick says full of pride.

" Heh. Oh, yeah! Yes! I can't wait. I am so..." said sarcastically.

" ...LEAVING! We're leaving. Let's pack up. Looks like you and I are taking a little vacation, forever. Ah, man... Aggh! What the-- What are you doing here?" I question

----Time Skip---

"No, it makes sense. It's like a giant beehive. They're the workers and that's their queen. It controls them. Let's find your Dad." Astrid said processing this.

"No, no! Not yet. They'll... kill Toothless. Astrid, we have to think this through carefully." I said freaking out.

" Hiccup, we just discovered the Dragons' Nest. The thing we've been after since Vikings first sailed here. And you want to keep it a secret?! To protect your pet dragon?! Are you serious?!" Astrid asked looking at me like I was crazy.

"Yes," I said stern

"Okay. Then what do we do?" Astrid asks

"I-I don't know about you but I am leaving." I sighed

"Then I am coming with you, and you cant talk me out of this," Astrid said sternly and giving me a look that says I can't talk her out of this.

"Fine go get your stuff, I'll stay here I promise," I said a little happy that she's coming.

"Okay"

"That's for kidnapping me," Astrid said while she punched me

"That's for... everything else," Astrid says while she kisses me on the cheek and brushing her bangs back then runs off to get her stuff.

"...What are you looking at?" I ask toothless then he just laughs

---Time skip---

"Hey Hiccup, I'm back" Astrid whisper-yells while running down the entrance to the cove.

"Hey Astrid, I'm just tieing my bags to Toothless saddle," I said.

"Good, when you're done with yours do mine, I'm gonna fake our deaths so they don't come looking for us," Astrid said logically.

"Alright," I said

"You done?" Astrid asks

"Yea," I said ripping some of my shirt off and placed it on the ground

"Ow," I said muffled while cutting my hand with a dagger and letting the blood drip onto the ripped of my shirt which is near the dagger in the cove lake. I see Astrid do the same but she also slashes a nearby rock with her ax.

Once I got on toothless I gave her my hand to grab, she grabs it and pulls herself up onto toothless. When we were flying away from berk north-east, I hear Astrid yell "Yes!! Were free!" I laugh at her enthusiasm