The EMPs were to provide an explanation as to why the security cameras didn't work. I would activate the EMPs when I reached the goal, and in the thirty seconds it took for security to notice the error and call the police, I would grab as many of the items I could under the cloak and into the expandable pouch. Whatever was too heavy to lift by hand I would levitate.

With the camera's down, they wouldn't see the theft, and the Statue of Secrecy wouldn't be overtly violated. While they swarmed the place, I would hide in a corner on my broom under the cloak. Even if Aurors came (I couldn't discount that I could trigger an accidental magic alert even without my wand. I wasn't sure how the Ministry tracked accidental magic-if perhaps small and intentional acts did not trigger it, or...), the cloak was far too powerful and would hide me from them unless Mad-Eye Moody came out of retirement suddenly. When the opportunity arose I would make my escape and return home.

I had to place the EMPs around the museum—even in parts that I wouldn't go to—and set the timer on them to trigger in ten minutes after placing them.

It wasn't a lot of them, but I figured this would have to be fast.

If all else failed, I had the emergency portkey Sirius gave each of us. I hoped not to use it—because it was a one-time use, and explaining to Sirius why I had to use a portkey would be tricky. But, it was there.

I descended upon the V&A museum in London, adrenaline, and anxiety chorusing through me.

A part of me was thrilled—I'm a thief! I'm stealing!

In my previous life, I would have never considered it. Daring to do anything outside the neat lines Mother had drawn for me warranted time in the closet and missed dinners. I hadn't even shoplifted before, yet here I was about to commit numerous illegal acts for the sake of a plan that I wasn't even sure would work.

But, I needed the money. I needed the money and power fast if I wanted to do the things I needed to do. I couldn't access the Potter vault any time soon; nor was I talented enough to steal from Death Eaters (as I planned to do later). All I had was my previous life's knowledge of technology, and magic at my disposal.

And an undeniable urge to have no regrets this time around.

At least I could hopefully cross off Become an Art Thief off my bucket list after tonight.

I hovered before the back door of the museum before I raised my finger and went through the motions of Alohomora. It took three tries, but I finally got it and the door swung open. Then, moving as quickly as I could, I began to place the EMPs around each corner. I flew around the patrolling guards, and none of them noticed.

When I reached my goal: the crown jewelry room (filled with old royal crowns, uncut diamonds, and other precious jewels, as well as antique and priceless jewels). I pulled out completely ordinary rocks from my expandable pouch and took a deep breath.

1986: before the bullet-proof glass was implemented in all museums, and perfect computer security.

My timer for the EMPs went off and I threw as many rocks as I could at the cases. I urged my broom forward, grabbing what I could and stuffing it into the expandable pouch, while levitating what was too far away towards me with my other hand. I heard shouts, as security officers sprinted through the hallways.

"Security is down! I can't call for backup?!"

"We must have intruders, someone get the police!"

"Phones are down!"

When an officer came into the room I was in, I stopped everything, pulled the cloak tighter around me and began to make my escape. Thankfully, the EMPs worked a bit too well and prevented the gates from coming down.

I was out the backdoor and soaring through the night sky again.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

Returning home was a... quiet affair.

Except for the fact that Kreacher 100% caught me, but that was to be expected. I knew going in this would be a difficult thing to hide from the House Elf. It's why I didn't bother.

Kreacher was never going to be fond of Sirius, and the feeling was mutual.

But he was a teeny bit fond of me. Primarily because I assisted him in completing Regulus's last order to him, and secondly because I treated him dearly.

"Welcome home, young mistress," Kreacher greeted me.

"Thank you, Kreacher," I whispered, hopping onto the balcony of my bedroom. I pulled out the sack of stolen goods. "There are precious artifacts I stole from the Muggle museum. Will you be able to pawn them off?"

I had already discussed it ahead of time with Kreacher. He assured me he could complete the order—it was not the first time the Black elf had to deal with stolen / illegal goods. Primarily in purchasing them, but he knew who to sell them to.

Kreacher's gnobbly fingers grasped around the bag as he said, "Yes, mistress."

"Thank you, my dear."

Kreacher's ears wobbled happily.

I honestly thought it was pretty cute.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

Bucket List Completed:

5. Become a badass thief and make shit tons of money

ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ

Answer: McGonagall.

Question: Would you rather be reborn in a dark!pureblood family, neutral!pureblood family, good!pureblood family, as a muggleborn, or muggleborn!family, or something else entirely?

Reviews are love!