The Sorting Ceremony

ابدأ من البداية

It seemed Dumbledore was leaching off of Hogwarts, and slowly destroying it's magic.

What rudeness!

Harry promised himself that as soon as he had enough time, he would pay a visit to the Ward Stone.

The students went in the Hall, as the door opened loudly, chattering filling the Hall.

Harry knew for a fact that it was louder than usual, but it was obvious what the reason was.

Rose Potter.

All eyes were on her from the moment she had arrived, and from her pompous smirk, she was very aware of it.

McGonagall announced the start of the ceremony, and one by one, the students sat under the Hat, and went to their decided Houses.

When it came to Hermione, Harry barely held in his glare, as the girl shared a small smile with Dumbledore.

The girl obviously didn't fit in Gryffindor, but as she had to be next to Rose, Dumbledore was secretly interfering with the Sorting.

He pulled up his mental barriers tightly, making sure that Dumbledore wouldn't see anything he thought.

His eyes trailed upon the teachers, and seeing Snape shoot a look of contempt at Rose made his lips quirk slightly upwards in amusement.

In his last life, the man had been a right bastard, but in this life, he would make sure he was treated differently.

He didn't look much like his father to start with, so that was an improvement. And as soon as he showed that he had the brains of Lily, he was sure that the Professor wouldn't treat him as bad in this life.

A smirk sat upon his lips as he though about how much Rose would suffer.

Just then, Sally-Anne Perks was called, and Harry knew the next one was him.

An excited chatter erupted in the Hall, as most thought it was time for the Girl-Who-Lived's Sorting. But, to their surprise, a different name was called.

"Potter, Harry."

There was silence in the Hall, then shouting started, causing McGonagall to silence them angrily.

"Can Harry Potter please step forward?" she asked once the voices were down.

Harry put stepped forward, movements elegant, and face nonchalant. Those who hadn't played any attention to him before were shocked: he looked nothing like a Potter.

If anything, along with his manners, he was more like a Black than any other!

Harry sat down on the stool, once again tightening his Occlumency shields to their limits, and the Hat was dropped on his head, engulfing half his head from how big it was.

'Please lower  Occlumency shields, Mr. Potter, else I will not be able to sort you!' the Hat cried out.

'Unless I am 100% sure that the Headmaster does not have access to my head, I refuse to.' replied the boy.

The Hat was silent for a bit, then a sigh was heard in Harry's head.

'Do not worry, although the Headmaster has managed to breach a few of the wards placed on me, the most he can do is make me more accepting to the students' wishes. He does not know what we are talking about, nor can he see inside your head.'

Lowering his shields in acceptance of the answer, he stayed silent while the Hat went through his mind.

'I see. I understand why you asked me what your asked now. Do not worry, young Heir, I am but loyal to Hogwarts, and Hogwarts only. Dumbledore is but the Headmaster, he is not the master of this castle. Your words hold much more authority than his.' It then hummed. 'Now, where shall I place you in. You are most suitable in Slytherin, but I have a feeling you would not like that.'

'Correct,' Harry agreed. 'If I go in there, there is a possibiky that my father might try to disown me, as he is not of sound mind right now. I would prefer to go to Ravenclaw, if possible.'

The Hat responded by calling the House out loud.

'I would like to chat with you later, Young Heir, and hear your story. You have come a long way here.'

Harry agreed with it, and after asking for the Hat's name, which turned out to be Alastair, he walked off.

The Hall was filled with chatter. A Potter in anywhere other than Gryffindor? It was stunnibg, to even think about!

But their anticipation for his sister's Sorting soon took over their surprise, and as the girl stepped forward, the Hall was completely quiet.

"Potter, Rose."

The girl went up to the stage, a slight swagger in her steps, and an arrogant smirk on her face, and sat down on the stool.

She was under the Hat for quite some time, and whispers of a Hat Stall covered the Hall.

After some time, the Hat sighed out loud, and shouted what everyone had been waiting for.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Cheers filled the table full of Lions, as Rose went to sit there, while the rest of the students looked unhappy, but understanding.

It was expected for the Golden Girl to be in the House filled with Light Wizards, after all.

As the Sorting finished, Harry took one last look at Rose, and closed his eyes.

This was fine. He had already changed so much, and now, it was time to make allies.

He baltantly ignored Dumbledore's speech as he thought.

Now, how to be free of Dumbles' influence?

Because the old coot would never let him taint the Potter family's reputation, it was obvious that he would try to persuade Harry to get along with Rose.

A smirk spread on his face as an idea came to his head.

Well, it seemed that his first victim would be the Golden Girl herself. In order to make allies, first he needed to take off the rose-tinted glasses on people's eyes, and make them see who the Brat-Who-Brags really was.

Oh, this was going to be fun.