Start of Second Year

Summer ended soon enough. Harry didn't spend much time dwelling on what to do, instead choosing to spend most of his time in the Black Library, which he could visit thanks to creating a Portkey keyed into 12 Grimmauld Place's wards (He had played so many pranks on Sirius and Remus that they now thought they were being haunted. Also, he was right: they were fucking.) and another one keyed into Potter Manor's wards to come back, researching forbidden magic and creating even nastier ones.

To give an example, he found a curse that rotted people's organs within seconds, and with inspiration, modified the spell to have a time delay and changed its colour. Now, with the same colour as the Expelliarmus spell, he could kill people without suspicion easily.

So maybe his mind was a bit twisted, but so what? At least he wasn't using it to create a potion that turned someone invisible indefinitely, just to scare his sister by throwing invisible mice in her room. Oh wait, he was.

The screams had been incredibly delightful, and for the prank, Sirius was once again punished. As if him, the straight-laced first placer would ever waste his precious time to implicate others. It was unimaginable.

Snickering at the thought, he stared down at the books on his desk, placing them neatly in the library compartment of his trunk with a gentle flick of his wrist. Then, he unlocked the secret compartment he had added, requiring both his blood and magical signature to be opened, and took out a secret box from under his bed.

Just for fun, instead of placing the contents of the box inside his Mad-Eye Moody safety level trunk, he had put the box under the Fidelius charm using a young Muggle boy as its Secret Keeper, then erasing his memory. Foolproof unless the boy died, especially since he had no intention of letting others know of its contents.

Because, inside the box were several books considered so unforgivable, even touching them would condemn one to Azkaban for life. Harry had around a dozen of these.

The other content was a certain diary. Really, grabbing it had been extremely easy when he knew where it was placed before Ginny had had a chance to be leeched off by it. Harry thought that Voldemort should be grateful he would personally be doing the safekeeping. After all, who was more reliable than a time traveller who hated Dumbledore and supported the Dark faction?

"Harry, Rose! We're going in fifteen minutes!" came the shout of his mother from downstairs. It seemed he had spent too much time grinning like a madman over his precious treasures.

Harry flicked his wrist once more, and all of his necessary belongings were now packed safely in his trunk. Checking his wand holster and confirming his wand (and the illegal second wand he had bought from Knockturn Alley a week ago, but nobody needed to know that), he took it out and directed it at his trunk, lifting it wordlessly behind him. He walked out, his trunk floating behind him, and walked downstairs, his footsteps muted, but not perfectly, as it would be suspicious if a twelve-year-old child could completely conceal the sound of his body.

As soon as he arrived downstairs, he put his trunk down next to the manor's door, then quickly walked to the kitchen, where he knew his parents were.

Telling them he was done packing, he pointed his wand to one of the cupboards and smiled as a packet of ground coffee beans floated towards him. Directing them towards his trunk, and also grabbing one of the empty French press', he locked them in his trunk for safekeeping.

Lily and James chuckled at his antics, the latter being the reason why Harry was addicted to coffee now. They both knew that Harry liked studying until late at night, but still woke up early in the morning. He had informed them that he needed less sleep than an average twelve-year-old, but he still had sunken eye bags every time he woke up early in the morning. A few cosmetics charms easily concealed them, and Harry always napped for a few hours in the middle of the day, so they didn't reprimand him. He was still a healthy child, just with a different routine.

Rose was also ready a few minutes later, now able to wake up early thanks to the supplementary lessons she had taken five times a week during her whole summer holiday. Let's just say she probably didn't plan on scoring worse than the top 15 anytime soon. (Lily and James had told her that if she did, she would have supplementary lessons the next summer as well.)

Now that the family was ready, they Floo'ed to Platform 9 3/4, and were as always, met with a huge crowd of fans and reporters. Harry, having prepared at least ten escape plans for times like this, immediately cast several Notice-Me-Not charms on himself, pulled on his Invisibility Cloak (Before James had been un-Confounded, he had decided to give it to Rose but for some reason, he had forgotten about his Family Heirloom's existence.), then proceeded to cast anti-Sound, anti-Smell, anti-Vision and several other charms including a weaker version of the Fidelius charm on himself. In the end, even if dozens of Auror's cast Homenum Revelio or Point Me at the same time, they would be unable to find him.

Seating himself into his chosen compartment (the one that had the markings TMR under one of its seats, he had discovered by accident) once more, he locked it and once again cast so many spells unless the train itself spoke of his location, nobody would ever be able to discover it.

Taking a sip out of his thermos, which contained Lily's special hot chocolate, he sighed happily, removing the spells he had cast on himself. As he was Magically Sensitive, a side effect of having Mage Sight, the spells felt like ropes binding him. Finally completely free, he opened his book, read a few pages, then proceeded to fall asleep after having abstained from doing so for more than three days.

At least he had foreseen this happening and cast an alarm spell, else with his hideout a complete secret, who would have been able to find him if he woke up late?