A Twin Sister!?

Harry opened his eyes with a groan. He was now four months old.

Over the time since he had been reborn, he had begun to comprehend the world around him better.

From what he knew, he was now in an alternate universe where the only difference (from what he knew) was that he had a twin sister, names Rose Lily Potter.

Rose had hair the colour of rust, and chocolate brown eyes, the complete opposite of him. Harry thought it was quite the shame that she didn't have their mother's hair colour, which was the colour of dusk.

Hers was much more beautiful.

Oh well, it didn't matter.

Little Rose was quite the boring creature. From all the observation he'd done on her, he'd realized that she was a lazy crybaby. She didn't move much, and cried for anything she seemed boring, or annoying.

While Harry slept quietly, Rose woke up at least five times a night, and Harry could see that it was taking a toll on their parents.

Speaking of their parents, they were brilliant people.

James Fleamont Potter was a very powerful wizard, and if it weren't for their current situation (hiding from Moldy Shorts), Harry could easily guess that he would be the rising star in the Auror department.

Lily Julie Evans-Potter was a genius witch. Her comprehension ability was out of the world, and she excelled in charms, her spells always graceful and a work of art.

All in all, Harry could easily say that he was very happy to be born to this couple.

Well, until tragedy struck, that is.

{}

It was October 31st, Halloween. Both James and Lily were sitting in their living room, happily sipping their hot beverages, while both had a baby each on their laps.

Harry smiled up at his mother from her lap, his beam making the woman chuckle at his cuteness.

"Mama!" he said happily. "Wha' you dwink?"

He had started speaking at ten months old. It was a good enough time for a baby, well maybe a bit early, but believable still. His first word had been "Magi'" and both parents had been jealous of his love of magic.

While Rose, even at fifteen months old, hadn't said a word. She only cried and screamed, and Harry was pretty annoyed that such a problematic and greedy thing was actually his sister.

She only ever cared about her parents, which she tried to hog from Harry and cried whenever they were near him, and food, which she ate more than she should, but with Lily and James' great parenting, she didn't eat an unhealthy amount, not that she hadn't tried to.

Lily lowered her cup slightly, and Harry immediately stared in it, sniffing it.

"This is called hot chocolate." she explained. "It's made from chocolate and milk."

"Shmell good!" Harry chirped, making Lily, rub his head lovingly.

"Do you like it, Harry?" Harry nodded enthusiastically.

He was aware that he was acting childishly, but he was supposed to be a child, plus he had never had the opportunity to live his childhood, so he was enjoying his life as best as he could.

He was aware of the date, and tried to get his hopes up.

Maybe his parents' fate was different in this universe! Maybe they wouldn't have to die!

A crash came from the front door as it opened with a bang, the door ripped from its hinges, and both parents immediately rushed to their feet.

Lily and James paled as they saw who was at the door: Voldemort.