( 𝟎𝟒𝟒 ) andrea's return

Start from the beginning

"You got a better idea?" Rick retorted, wearing the same facial expression as his daughter as he looked over at Merle.

"Yeah. We should've slid out of here last night, live to fight another day." Merle told Rick, his two brothers sighing at his words as they knew he was just digging himself a hole. "But we lost that window, didn't we?" He asked, annoyed that no one would listen to him. "I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now." He added, knowing the Governor and how he ran things in Woodbury.

"We ain't scared of that prick." Daryl told Merle as he walked forwards on the upper floor.

Zoe nodded to Daryl's statement, "Isn't that what he wants? For us to run? Isn't he going to see that coming?" She asked, trying to figure out how the Governor thinks and what his next plan would be - but, considering the man was a psychopath, it was pretty hard to determine what the man was going to plan next.

Merle shook his head at the young girl, before looking up at his brother, "Y'all should he scared. That truck through the fence thing? That's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot. He could just starve us out if he wanted to." The man finished, everyone silent at his words, knowing that he was probably right, after all, he was the Governors right hand man.
As much as Zoe didn't like Merle, she knew that he was right; she had seen what the Governor could do close up, who's to stop him from storming into this place and murdering them all? She wouldn't put it past him, this man had problems, and he should not be leading a whole town of people, and even children. No one over there knew who he really was.. Nate saw the worry on his girls face, and lowered his hand on her back, stroking it soothingly so he could bring her some comfort.

"Let's put him in the other cell block." Maggie said, not liking the fact that Merle was here after everything he had done to Glenn and Zoe when he took them to Woodbury and straight to the Governor himself.

"No." Daryl spoke up, "He's got a point." He said, backing up Merle when no one else would, not even Nate, who had partly disowned the man as his brother after what happened with Zoe. Daryl didn't blame him, Merle was wrong for what he did to the girl and Glenn, but he was still their brother, and they shouldn't shut him out because he made a mistake.

"This is all you. You started this." Maggie yelled at Merle.

"What's the difference who's fault this is? We need to figure out what we do next." Zoe told Maggie, trying to diffuse the argument - if she could move past what Merle had done, then so could everyone else, and since they were all in this together, they all had to work together.

"I said we should leave." Hershel spoke up again, knowing that they didn't have a chance against the Governor and his men and the man didn't want to loose anyone else from the group. They had lost too much already. "Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here." He pointed out, knowing that they had to do something. When Rick began to walk away again, Hershel stood up in anger, "Get back here!" He yelled, Rick standing still as he waited for Hershel to approach him, "You're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why, but now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that, I put my family's life in your hands, so get your head clear and do something." He finished, Zoe feeling awful at the look on her fathers face, but knowing that Hershel was right, her dad needed to get his head back in the game and figure something out before another one of their people died.