( 𝟎𝟔𝟎 ) escaping enemies

— AROUND AN HOUR HAD PASSED after Zoe had been told about how Judith hasn't survived, and although the girl knew that she needed rest like her father was, but she just couldn't find it in herself to sleep, not when she knew who would plague her ni...

— AROUND AN HOUR HAD PASSED after Zoe had been told about how Judith hasn't survived, and although the girl knew that she needed rest like her father was, but she just couldn't find it in herself to sleep, not when she knew who would plague her nightmares, and whom she would see when she closes her eyes. She knew that Rick could see how much the attack had affected her, he knew that there was mental injuries on top of her physical ones, but he just didn't know how to help her — he had left her to search through some of the room closets for some new clothes, as hers were covered head to toe in mud and blood, and he had unknowingly padded out in the room next to hers. Zoe had taken a seat next to the man after she had found some new clothes, still deep in his sleep, whilst she stared into a bliss and silently cried, not wanting to disturb her dad from his well needed rest, since he looked even worse than she did, and that was saying a lot. In all honesty, the girl was waiting for Carl and Michonne to get back from their supply run, because the only thing that Zoe wanted to do in this current moment, was hug her brother and never let go.

Glancing back at her father, Zoe sighed, envious of how peaceful the man looked in his nap, clearly not haunted by his actions and what he had done to survive, not like her. The girl knew that she did what she had to, that if she didn't kill that man, he would've killed her instead — it didn't make her feel any better, though, nothing could; she had taken another life, and nothing could change that, and nothing could justify it. Zoe remembered when her father had killed Shane, and how he felt after doing so, and it made the girl realise that she needed to push it aside to survive.. As the girl was trying to come up with ways on how she could get over her pain, her heart stopped beating completely when she heard mens voices booking from the street outside, instantly recognising the sounds and freezing, trying to piece together how the men had taken such a little time to catch up with her; she didn't know how long it had been since she had first arrived here, but she would have thought it would've given her some more time, but she was wrong..

Pushing herself up off of the bed, she rushed over to the window and slowly pushed back the curtain, seeing the group of men below, the same men whom had attacked her — instantly, the girl rushed back over to the bed and shook her father awake, the man snapping his eyes open in shock, having not expected to be woken up so suddenly. "Dad, it's them.. Get up." The girl whispered, shaking him again and pushing him off of the bed. As she did this, the group of men walked into the house, creating a ruckus downstairs as they argued amongst each other. Her breathing had hitched at the sound of one of the men stabbing the other, having clearly gotten into some disagreement, and she just knew that she and her father had no chance at fighting through them all.

Ricks eyes widened as he motioned his daughter to get behind him, the man rushing out into the hallway to see if they could get out, but there sounded to be too many, and he had given his gun to Carl. At his daughters words when she woke up, he knew that he wanted to kill them all for what they did to his little girl, but right now, they were at a severe disadvantage, and they just needed to get out. When one of the men began to climb up the stairs, Rick pushed Zoe back into the bedroom, the man peeking through the doorway and seeing the man walk into the room down the hall, clearly checking the place through and making sure that no one was in the house — Zoe had begun shaking so harshly besides him, that it was the only thing he could hear other than the men downstairs. The father ushered for his daughter to get under the bed, the only thing they really could do at the moment, and she instantly did so, crouching down and rolling under the bed, the man following after her after grabbing the book from the bed, so it looked like no one had been here.