( 𝟎𝟎𝟒 ) nate's isolation

—  ZOE HAD GIVEN HER DAD THE cold shoulder just before he left; he had tried talking to her, but she wouldn't give him the time of day

—  ZOE HAD GIVEN HER DAD THE cold shoulder just before he left; he had tried talking to her, but she wouldn't give him the time of day. She couldn't lie and pretend that she wasn't annoyed, because she was. She was more upset over the fact that he had left without asking how she felt. She couldn't get over the fact that she had been imaging her father's return since the outbreak had started, and the fact that he had come back, and instantly left again.. It didn't sit right with the young Grimes girl.
Zoe had overheard Daryl and Nate talk between the two of them quietly, before the smaller group went off back to Atlanta, and he didn't let Nate go with him, forcing him to stay at the camp and wait until they got back. Nate was obviously furious, as he wanted to help find his brother just like Daryl did, but like his older brother said, it's too dangerous and they don't even know if Merle was alive. In the two months that Zoe had known Daryl and Nate, she had seen that family means everything to them, and all they had were the three of them, well, now it was the two of them.. It felt strange.

She was currently sitting at the camp, watching everyone do their daily chores, before she saw Amy and Andrea walk up with their hands full of their caught fish for dinner. Zoe chuckled at the amount of food they had managed to catch, she certainly couldn't do that. There wasn't any water like this where she had lived before the outbreak, so she had never been taught how to fish - it would be fun to try. Her dad had never taught her, and bright had Shane, for that matter - it kind of sucked.

Morales got handed the wire of fish and laughed more at the sight, "Ladies, because of you, my children will eat tonight." He told them, "Thank you." He thanked. If anyone knew Morales, it was that his family meant the world to him.

"Thank Dale, it's his canoe and gear." Andrea told him, as she high-fived Jacqui. Zoe looked over at Dale, who sat on top of the RV, with a smile on her face, she loved that man, and she didn't know what the group would do without his wiseness. In some cases, he kept the group together like glue - he was just that kind of man. Without him, Zoe didn't know what the group would do..

"Zoe, look at all of the fish!" Carl exclaimed, as Morales put the fish in front of her and dangled them around.

Zoe giggled and leaned out of reach from the fish, "Wow." She chuckled, finding it amazing at the amount of fish they had been able to catch. Even though she found it quite gross, she couldn't wait to eat later, now that they had some proper food instead of berry's from the woods, or old canned food.

"Where did you two learn to do that?" Lori asked, laughing along with Zoe about the amount of food the two girls had caught.

"Our dad." Amy smiled at him.

"Can you teach me how to do that?" Carl asked her with a smile on his face, still glancing at the dead fish. Zoe smiled at the question, she knew for a fact, that she would join in if Amy ever taught him how to fish, that would be something she would love to try, at least then, she could do more for the camp than laundry..