( 𝟎𝟕𝟒 ) scavanging for supplies

— BEING AWAY FROM THE group felt strange, Nate and Zoe feeling like they were missing something by being out here on their own, but the whole group had split up into groups to scavenge for anything that could be of importance to them

— BEING AWAY FROM THE group felt strange, Nate and Zoe feeling like they were missing something by being out here on their own, but the whole group had split up into groups to scavenge for anything that could be of importance to them. Walking through the deserted town gave Zoe the feeling of being back in her own home town running through her mind, the old life she used to live, and her old friends that were all dead, or a walker wandering the earth without any idea of what had happened to them; it felt strange, but she tried to push it aside, knowing that Rick had told them to keep an eye out as this place wasn't completely safe, and Gabriel could be hiding something from them, something important.. Nate agreed with their leader, he didn't believe that Gabriel had spent all of this time locked inside of his church, going through all of his food and drink and having to gone back out, it just didn't seem realistic, and he just had this gut feeling that there was more to the story then he was letting on. Zoe didn't exactly know - she didn't get a good feeling with Gabriel, she knew that, but if he was a murderer? She didn't exactly know, so she kept quiet on the subject.

Unlike Nate, whom had been talking about it since they left the church, trying to piece together Gabriel's life in the church, and his life before on whether or not he was a good person; Zoe didn't speak much as he did so, knowing that they could never truly know what he did before they met him, as he 'only told his sins to god' or whatever that meant.. The girl let him speak to himself, though, knowing that it helped him deal with the situation at hand, and she didn't interrupt him when he did, walking side by side with him as they finally reached the town centre. It was completely deserted, not even looking like Gabriel had been here for quite some time, like it hadn't even been touched since before the end of the world, before walkers started rising from the dead and eating people.. The first shop they went into, they weren't successful in the slightest, the whole place had been picked clean, and at first, they wondered who had been here, when they remembered that Gabriel had been in a few places and grabbed some more supplies.

But Gabriel hadn't been fighting to survive all of this time, not like Zoe and Nate; the couple knew how to scavenge, how to look into crevices that not a normal person would think of looking in, and because of that, they had always been picked to find supplies when they had a sanctuary back at the prison. "There's got to be some stuff he left behind.." Zoe trailed off, kicking a box away in annoyance as they left another shop after searching it through, with nothing to show for it. It was frustrating, the girl didn't want to go back to the church with nothing in their hands, she knew that everyone else would be returning with things to show for their travels, Zoe didn't want to disappoint anyone by showing up empty handed.

"We've only been in two shops, calm down, Zo." Nate told his girlfriend, stroking the back of her head as he passed her to leave the store - he wasn't as worried about returning to the church with nothing found, Rick had told them that Gabriel cleaned out the town a while back, and he wasn't too worried about not being able to find anything. The girl huffed in annoyance, but followed behind Nate none the less, entering the streets once again, the heat hitting her face as the breeze was just blowing hot air onto her - the weather was getting worse as the days went on, and whilst Zoe would have enjoyed this heat when she was younger, getting a tan to show off to everyone at school, it wasn't ideal when you lived on the road, and had to do more exercise than the girl had ever seen in her life. It wasn't great, and she just wanted it to rain.