Mum nodded. "Find out the cost for the full course. It won't be free for you, though. You'll be working hard to make it worth it."

I grinned. "I'll be your maid, your cleaning lady, your bellboy; anything."

"Some chores around the house will be enough," she laughed. "Your enthusiasm already tells me it'll be the right choice. You never really took anything seriously up till recently so this is really nice to see, Charlie."

I nodded. All I needed now was to brush my teeth and check my schoolbag and I'd be ready to go. Time was running short though since I dawdled too long, chatting with Mum. I kissed her cheek and sprinted out of the house, all the way to school. Everyone was sitting down in Homeroom when I came in. Mr. Hardy was sitting at the teacher's desk. Something seemed to be weighing on his mind. Maybe it was about the whole Horse-Face and pervert thing.

His heart was in the right place, he just supported the wrong kids. I hope he didn't beat himself up too much about it. How did Aubrey feel about it? I looked over at him. His eyes looked red and tired, but he smiled when he saw me. He signed, "Good morning" to me and so I replied with the same.

He looked so handsome first thing in the morning, it made me squeamish.

"Handsome," I signed to him, having learned the word solely and specifically for him. His eyes widened as his face turned into a full blush. So did Ikeisha's, who was sitting right beside him.

Now it was my turn to flush.

I didn't even notice anyone else besides him. She waved for me to join them at Trey's seat, which was presently empty. I looked at Aubrey for a second and started to lift my hand near his face. He looked at my hand with curiosity but didn't flinch or move, so I pushed some of his hair aside to reveal his ear. His hearing aid wasn't in.

"I'm getting a new one," he said in a loud whisper, then wore his iconic glum expression. "He was so gross, I hated it."

Here was that delicious lip droop that always made me want to kiss him; every time without fail. "It'll only get better from here."

I let the hair that I brushed with my fingers fall back around his face, gently tracing my fingers along his cheek as I did so. I watched his soft white skin redden like someone went a little hard on the saturation for his character design, but that'd be more believable for a webtoon than a novel.

"You couldn't be tackier if I pulled you out of a Bostik pack," Ikeisha grinned.

The bell rang for class to start, and only then did Trey come in through the door. He saw me sitting at his desk right away. As I stood up to move, he didn't bat a lid back in my direction even once; instead taking a seat at my desk beside Ben. The look on Ben's face when he turned to see Trey coming up beside him was unexplainable. The fear, frustration, annoyance, awkwardness...shyness?

Mr. Hardy called the roll. Once he was finished, we were allowed to talk amongst ourselves before the bell went for first class. I sat quietly beside Aubrey, watching Trey leaning over and whispering to Ben. There was something going on that I didn't know. Trey hated Ben and Ben hated Trey, so why did Trey give him such special attention these days? I watched Ben's fingers curl as Trey spoke. Then something seemed to tip him over the edge.

He looked really, really pissed.

"I think Trey just told Ben about Donovan and Jesse," Ikeisha whispered, sneaking glances at Mr. Hardy to make sure he didn't overhear her.

Ben stood up and slid his chair and swung his bag over his back. He looked back at me with an expression I couldn't interpret, then excused himself to Mr. Hardy. Trey did the same and followed him out. What were they up to?