eleven: the panic

warnings: mentions/descriptions of rape, mentions of suicide, panic attacks
please please read with care. this chapter is kinda dark and sad, and deals with very sensitive topics.

"Who's killing who?"

"Who's killing whom," Rossi corrects, leaning back in his seat on the jet.

You roll your eyes, flashing him a little smile. You sit on the armrest of Spencer's chair, glancing at your tablet. Spencer nudges you with his elbow and you look at him, raising your eyebrows. He gives you a little smile and you ruffle his hair before turning back to your tablet. This case had been urgent, no time to debrief at Quantico.

"Someone is raping and killing teenagers in Ann Arbor, Michigan," Garcia says softly from the little monitor on the jet. "Three girls so far have been discovered."

"Well, all of them show definite signs of struggle," Tara says, frowning at her tablet.

"The bruising around the wrists suggests they were tied up," Spencer replies, looking at the physical pictures in front of him. "There's consistent bruising along the body, specifically near the stomach and neck."

"So, they were beaten first, then tied up, then raped," you say softly, biting the inside of your cheek.

Rape cases were always a soft spot with you. Something about them always made you feel like you can't breathe—part of you can't believe someone out there is sick and twisted enough to do that to another human. Something like that scars a person forever. When you feel that way, you normally distance yourself from the team. You feel a hand on your knee, and you turn your head, seeing Spencer smile at you. He knows how these cases makes you feel—why they make you feel the way you feel. You give him a small smile back, turning your attention back to the team.

"But here's the thing," Garcia says, and you hear the small tap of her pen against her desk. "The latest victim got away—Madeline Davis."

"She escaped?" Luke asks, his eyebrows scrunching together.

Prentiss looks at her tablet. "She wound up at a hospital, bruised and beaten. She's too fragile to talk to anyone. She won't even talk to the police."

"Well, we know people rape because it's a power play. They like to feel powerful." Tara puts her tablet down.

"Restricting the victim's movement is his way of strengthening that power," Prentiss says. She's quiet for a moment. "Alright, when we land, Reid and Tara, I need you two to go to the station and start victimology. Rossi and JJ go check out the dump sites. They're all fairly close to each other." She stands, walking over to you. You look up at her and she tilts her head to the little hallway in front of the bathroom.

You stand, looking back at Luke, a panicked expression on your face. He meets your eyes, and you see Spencer turn his head to look at him. You turn back to Prentiss as she stops, crossing her arms in front of her.