three: the movie theater

TW: mentions of child abuse, death, and alcoholism
oh also I know in the last chapter Spencer said it was Tuesday but I changed it to Thursday which makes the events in this chapter take place on a Friday.

"My head hurts," Spencer grumbles as you swipe your badge

"Take some Aleve, pretty boy. Don't be a baby," you giggle, feeling him punch you lightly in the shoulder.

"How many shots did we even end up taking last night?"

You shrug as you punch the up button, tapping your foot against the tile. "A lot? I'm not really sure."

Spencer groans as the door opens, running a hand through his already messy hair, and you two step inside the elevator. As the doors begin to shut, a hand stops them, opening up again to reveal the last person you want to see right now.

"Morning, Reid," Luke says, ruffling Spencer's hair.

Spencer musters up a smile despite the fucking awkward tension seeming to hang in the air. "Hey, Luke."

"You look terrible," Luke says, glancing at Spencer, then at you.

"Yeah, it's called tequila," you mutter, not looking at him.

"And I wasn't invited?" Luke asks.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did hell freeze over?" You finally look up at him.

He's already looking down at you, a playful expression on his face. He raises his eyebrows and you roll your eyes, the elevator finally dinging at the sixth floor. You brush past Luke as you step off, heading straight into the bullpen. You hear Spencer and Luke talking quietly behind you as you make your way into the roundtable room, sitting down in the first chair you see.

Spencer sits next to you, tapping his fingers on the table, Luke sitting across from you. You open your tablet, grimacing as a few crime scene photos pop up.

"So, someone is killing forty-year-old women in Pierre, South Dakota. Cause of death is strangulation, but this creepy killer seems to want to torture them first."

"The unsub stabs them in the stomach?" You ask, your hungover self not too thrilled about that thought.

"Stabbing in the stomach is actually one of the slowest ways someone can die," Spencer explains, looking at his paper file. "It's obvious the unsub wants to make the victims suffer before he delivers the final blow."

"All of the victims have blonde hair and green eyes—obviously surrogates for a mother or a wife, even," Luke suggests.

Prentiss looks at her tablet. "Did they all go missing from the same area?"

Garcia nods. "Mhm, all late at night. The women were all alone."

Tara tilts her head. "Which means he probably stalked them."