Ace

My racket hit the ball and sent it exactly where I wanted it. I was in the zone and it was the most exhilarating feeling.

Stephan was the best private tennis teacher at the club and I had learned more from him in a week than I had from any of my university professors in... what was I thinking about again?

Fuck, ball incoming.

Wack!

It went back over the net but this time, I didn't manage to land it as well as before. I tried not to look at my teacher too much during training but nowadays even just the thought of him was distracting.

Shit, shit, shit!

Did I just let that ball zip past me? So much for being in the fucking zone! I looked at him as he served another ball and couldn't help but admire the power in those beautiful arms.

I bit hard into my bottom lip to bring my focus back onto my game.

Wack!

The ball went limply over the net and Stephan had to lurch forward to hit it. He smiled as he scooped it back, making me run.

This wasn't healthy. I had never been this infatuated with someone before. Did I tell you that I doodled pictures of him in the corners of my notebooks? Like a teenager with a crush!

Wack!

I hit the ball with my racket at an odd angle, sending it flying over the gate.

"I think that is enough for today, Luke," he said,  holding out his hand for me to high-five it. Stephan took a swig from his water bottle and then splashed some of it over his face. I sucked in a breath as I watched his blond hair get wet.

***

My after training ritual consisted of ten minutes in the sauna, a long hot shower and a smoothie in the club restaurant.

I was thinking about what I would get Mom for her birthday next week, when I stepped through the wooden door.

Fuck! Stephan was also in here? Should I turn around and leave? No! That would be weird.

I sat down across from him and tried not to look at his toned physique. I failed horribly. His chosen profession had given him quite the yummy body.

"You played well today, Luke," he said casually. "The only thing is that sometimes you..."

"I what?" I asked, my brow creased. Why had he cut himself off?

"You are very focused when you play but there are moments when you kind of, how shall I say it, disappear."

Fuck, ofcourse he noticed! Did he suspect why?

I scratched the back of my head and said, "I have alot going on nowadays. I will be handing in my thesis soon and I guess that I am distracted lately."

His face seemed to fall for a second but he quickly recovered. "Makes sense. Are you still enjoying our classes, though?"

Was he serious? I adored the time I spent with him! I would drag myself to the weekend, just to be here, to be with him.

"Yes," I said plainly. "You are a great teacher."

This earned me a broad smile.

We then chatted about random stuff and just as I was beginning to relax in his presence, I realized that my time was up.

When I excused myself, he exited the sauna with me. He kept on talking and when we reached the showers, he casually untied his towel and hung it on the peg.

He actually finished his sentence before stepping into the cubicle but I had stopped paying attention to what he was saying.

I had seen plenty of naked dudes in the locker room and had become utterly anaesthetized to it. But this was different, he was someone that I liked... alot!

I quickly popped into my own shower and obviously wasn't surprised to see myself excited. My mind created a scenario where I was in the shower with him and I had to admit that I enjoyed it alot more than I should have.

I waited till I heard him leave before heading back to my locker. I thought that he was gone but apparently it was my fate to be tormented a bit more.

He walked over and leaned against the row of lockers wearing one towel around his waist and a smaller one around his neck.

The moisture was still dribbling down his body and it made me shudder. Why wasn't he saying anything? Why was he just standing there, looking at me?

"Can I ask you a question?" he said eventually.

"Technically, you already have," I replied with unnecessary sass. I was trying to keep my eyes on my bag, as I organized my things.

"Are you ever going to ask me out?" he said with a perfectly straight face.

I never saw that ball coming. He had scored a perfect ace!