Ch 11 - Steps

What the heck happens after that one?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

It was time to be positive with your recovery. Today you were going to see what steps you could take. A whole day of classes,  some studying with Sensei, and then playing some catch to see how the arm is doing. Though things might get weird considering what happened last night. It was rather, indecent. Funny if you heard the story, but indecent. 

As the day went along you tackled your classwork and notes just fine. Though the only problem was there was two subjects flooding your brain. Baseball, and last night that involves Sensei catching you at work, helping you, bringing her home, and helping her get into her home. Concerning, embarrassing, and you don't know how she will react after all of this. Ouchy.

Though time was wandering. It was getting later in the day at Sensei was filling out her paperwork for the day. When she looked at the time she blushed. How is this going to go? Is he going to bribe me? How many people has he told? What's he going to do to me? She was very nervous and almost dreadfully scared that her reputation would be ruined. But as the final bell rang she sat there waiting. Drinking a bottle of water and doing her best not to sweat. 

"Afternoon Sensei." You walk through the door. "I wanted to speak to you all day."

"You have?" She gasped.

You sit at the closest desk to her teacher's desk. "I didn't tell anyone what happened yesterday. I'm just glad that you are home safe and I got home at an alright time. All that matters right?"

Mafuyu sighed in relief. "Thank you ever so much. I won't live that one down."

"I understand. I hope you're alright. And have to thank you as well for the help. And I start my first few throws today. Twenty throws and see how I feel tomorrow."

"I hope you don't strain yourself. I want what's best for you. Especially since this has worried you this whole time. It has greatly effected your mindset. Even your school work. Though do you have a plan soon?"

"Well... Depending on my recovery. That is a factor as well."

"I understand. From the school you want?"

"Yeah..."

Sensei glared at you. "And just how would you go about it?"

"Ummm..." That means you have idea. She knows this all too well.

"How about a mock interview next time around? It will teach you composure. Surely a baseball pitcher would have that. Correct?" She wants to see how you respond to that. As a teacher she wants you to better yourself.

"That makes sense." You were still worried about it. All of things to be graded on, a mock interview by Sensei sounds like a wetting of the pants. "When?"

"Tell you what. I will give you one tomorrow after concluding our studying. And based on your performance you can adjust as you go along. Though keep in mind, I am just like the baseball hitter in front of you. I will not hold back and I am not going to reach if I don't like it."

"Noted..." Ball four.

~~~~~

It was time to get a little back in the routine. You didn't fully get changed as Coach said to come casually since you are just making a couple throws. Then in two days start to throw more. It was the amount of build up at the time. You have been stretching and lightly been using your muscles. Washing dishes for Asumi also helped. How? Explained.

Washing dishes can make the one cleaning into a certain pattern. Circles or back and forth. Also using both hands. It results in balance and stretching out the shoulder blades which can really help a pitcher. There are designed exercises and stretches that give similar results. With the help of Asumi he was still relatively in good shape. Only difference is because of your injury you haven't been throwing. 

You put your hand in your glove. Feels great. Only been a few months. Something so simple feels so good. As it is a part of what you do. For all of these years. You get ten meters in between you and coach. "Let's try this."

"Alright." Coach throws you the ball. 

You catch it and quickly exchange it to your throwing hand. "Okay." Step and overhand throw. Weird at first. "Feel the forearm and elbow a little tight. But that's normal."

"Nothing painful right?" Asked Coach.

"No. Not painful."

"Okay. One." He threw it back. 

You throw the next one. "Two."

It was a warming feeling. Something so basic and simple you have done your whole life has now changed. Only took a few surgeries right? You feel the pulling of the muscles and ligaments. It's a natural feeling. Gives you a sense of fun, adrenaline, confidence, and the knowledge of knowing what you mean to others when you are in good health. As you continue to go back and forth, you get excited. You feel  very good about it. And even though you want to go for much more, this is a delicate issue you are dealing with. You don't have to learn to throw again, but the arm needs to get back to it. 

"Remember Shark, at first you learn to crawl. Then to walk. And then you learn to run. If you want to sprint or in this case throw gas and those massive change-up and curves you need to pass the current classes."

"Academic or baseball?" You asked. 

"Both, but in this case baseball. We'll play catch for a week or two and see how the fastball goes. I need to check your arm strength as well. And don't forget your leg work. Your stretch gives you the velocity and dip for your pitches."

"Yes Sir."

Coach was pleased as the twenty throws. "Good work. We will check on you in tomorrow. Until then make sure your school work is on top of and keep at it."

Progress. Finally. 

~~~~~

Feeling the progress is good too.

-Rel