Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Anything, a number of things? What are your skills?" Haley asked her.

"I don't know. I'm good with guys. Dates, dating." Brooke said.

"And?" Katie asked.

"Sex, but. ." I cut her off.

"-. .well, you could always become a hooker." I said.

"Well. ." Brooke said, thinking about it for an moment and Haley shock her head at Brooke laughing. Another person walked past Brooke and gave her some money, and she gave them a smile. Peyton walked past her an playfully hit her arm, and Katie and Haley did the same, and when I walked past her I gave her a smile.

"Don't worry, Brookie. I'll take you shopping on a budget."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"Hi."

I said when I caught up to Nathan in the hallway, Haley was still walking with me. Peyton and Katie had gone to go and see if they could steal some number three pencils from a teachers classroom, which I thought was a little funny. Nathan put his arm over my shoulder and kissed the top of my head, as we made our way down the hallway and saw Lucas talking to the Anna girl.

"Who's she?" Haley asked, as we approched Lucas.

"His newest victim." I said, with a laugh, and Lucas rolled his eyes at me which only made me laugh some more.

"Her names Anna." He said.

"See told you." I said, winking Haley and she laughed at me.

"Ready for you but debut, rockstars?" Lucas asked, trying to change the subject from Anna. I let out a small sigh, because I was still completely scared about going up on stage.

"Please don't remind me." I said.

"She's ready." Nathan said, and then he looked down at me. "You know, didn't you once tell me there's such a thing as over preparation?" He asked.

"Yeah, on a freakin math midterm. Nathan, this is like. . avoiding total public humiliation." I said.

"Bree, you're going to do great." Lucas said.

"Yeah you are. . don't stress about it." Haley said, and I sighed. I really didn't know if I could do it, I have only ever played my music for Nathan. Not even my siblings, Katie, my aunt and uncle nor for Peyton before, and I just didn't want to mess up to night and make a big fool of myself.

And I don't want to disappoint Peyton and let her down.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"Does this cantaloupe look overly ripe to you?"

Peyton asked me and my sister, we were all at the grocery store and I was pushing Paige in her pram. We were only here because Peyton still had to finish Chris' insane Writer that he had given to her, and then after here I was going to take Brooke to the mall to buy her something for the club opening, so the day was going to be an eventful one.

"Sorry, it's not my area of expertise." Brooke said.

"So, Brookie, what's going on with you and the boy next door now?" I asked, as Peyton put back the cantaloupe that the had in her hand and picked up another one.