Chapter 8

"Wh-what do you mean?" I asked while preparing to open my arm compartment. Damien noticed this, but he didn't do anything.

"Don't worry, Phoenix, your identity is safe with us," he said slyly. He still didn't draw any weapons.

"Who is us?" I asked. Might as well get some useful information out of him before he takes me to the president, I thought.

"The Pack," he said calmly, "Oh, yes. Those rumors are true. And we know it's why you haven't attacked our bases." A cold smile spread across his face. I opened my arm compartment calmly and began loading fire orbs into the launcher.

"What else do you know about me?" I put on the same mask he was wearing; the mask of confidence.

"We know that you have been slowly wearing down most of the governments of Earth for years now, especially the too-good-to-be-true USaCoA," Damien began his long explanation, "We know that you have the skills we need for our master plan. The Pack is a strong force, but we need one more thing that the government doesn't stand a chance against. And that is you, fighting with us. With you at the helm, nothing could stand against us, against you."

I twirled the launcher on my finger. This whole ordeal could change my life for the better. "Tempting offer," I started, "I've always wanted to see the mighty USaCoA trembling before me. How can I know that I have your trust, and that this isn't some trick?"

"You have the word of the Commander-in-Chief of the Pack," Damien said simply. I laughed; it would not be that simple.

"I'd like to meet him in person before I take his word for anything."

"You just ate dinner with him and spent most of your day with him, I think you can trust him by now."

The realization hit me. "A seventeen year old boy is the Commander-in-Chief of the Pack?!" I exclaimed.

He nodded. "And if you agree to it, a fifteen year old girl will help him destroy an empire. Now just how humiliating for the government would that be?" Damien's smile forced me to agree.

"Quite, quite humiliating indeed. When can I 'officially' join? Or how do I join?" I asked. There was no more convincing that needed to be done. The pros outweighed the cons by far. Damien's smile proved that he was pleased with my choice.

"Well, I'll alert my bases, but if we want to start as soon as possible, I think it would be wise if you and some of my men went on a mission tonight. I'll join you, of course, but I think the Pack needs a dramatic entrance from the rumors," he started his car and pulled out of the parking lot. A giddy smile formed on my lips.

"Oh, I think I can manage that," I told him about my planned attack on the Capital City military base. A sly smile formed on his face.

"Brilliant," he said through his smile, "but I would feel more comfortable if we could figure out the details in a proper place."

"I've got that covered too," I said and told him about my weapons room.

"Perfect. I'll contact my closest commanders to prepare their men for the attack. How many men do you want?" he asked while his finger hovered next to his "government" earpiece.

"Hmm, let's say... a thousand. That's a pretty big military base," I was practically bouncing in my seat from excitement. I finally had a partner in crime, and he was a powerful one.

"Alright," he said and pressed a button on his earpiece. He talked to ten commanders, so I assumed they were all in charge of a hundred soldiers.

"Now," I said once he was finished, "We need disguises."

"Already covered, cupcake," he said as we arrived at my house. We slipped upstairs to my room, since everyone was already asleep. I teleported us down to the weapons room where we began planning our attack.

Later on, I went back to my room and changed into a more suitable outfit. I attached my wings to their sockets and headed back down to the room where Damien was waiting.

We had mapped out our attack and we were running through it once again when Damien got a call on his earpiece. It was the commanders saying that all of their men were prepared for the attack. I put on my mask and gathered my weapons. Damien put on his own mask and when we were ready, we left.

As I flew over Damien's hover-car on our way to the Pack's San Francisco base, I felt a fire of excitement burning in my chest. The fall of the USaCoA couldn't come soon enough. The Phoenix is here, I thought.

And she's gonna light up the night.

AN:

Aw, yeah! One of my favorite chapters so far. I told you I'd post another one soon! The picture doesn't really have anything to do with the chapter, but it is AWESOME!!! Anyway, feel free to comment and until the next chapter,

DAYdreamer61401