Lucy's Funeral

Shortly after Kaylee was taken to the hospital she had been diagnosed with a fever, yet the doctors couldn't find the cause of the fever.

Not even a trace.

Kaylee laid in bed in Jonathan's house with a wet cloth on her forehead, her breathing steady, she ate soup it helped with her cold but not a lot.
She sat there thinking about what she can do to restore her strength. Closing her eyes she sighed.

'I've gotta be more careful.'

"We've been through worse."

Kaylee's eyes popped open was she raised her head only to find an imaginary version of her sister, Emma siting at the foot of the bed, Kaylee said

"Emma, it's just you."

"You thought it was someone else?" Emma inquired

Kaylee sat up slowly "Yeah, it's not easy being in the Victorian era, you know. I miss being home."

Emma nods. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Kaylee?" It was Christine.

Kaylee looked behind her and saw that Emma had disappeared. "Come in." Christine came in as Kaylee sat in the bed, she looked like she was crying.

"Christine, What happened?" Kaylee said, worried

Christine sat in front of Kaylee and said

"Lucy is dead."
********************

Christine, Raoul, Gustave and Kaylee made their way to the funeral

Christine, Raoul, Gustave and Kaylee made their way to the funeral. Hearing the news of Lucy's death half surprising to Kaylee. Because deep down in her gut she was expecting it happened.

"Man of woman born Hath a short time to live
Is full of misery And then is cut down Life a spring flower."

"Man of woman born Like a shadow fade away In life we are in death Of whom can we seek help If not of thee Lord Jesus Who suffers for our sins."

Kaylee spotted Mina and Jonathan taking to THE Abraham Van Helsing. Van Helsing told Jonathan that he should be fine in a few months.

"Thank you" Jonathan said

"Mina, Jonathan!" Kaylee shouted, startling Christine, Raoul and Gustave. Mina turned around and said

"Kaylee, it's good to see you."

Van Helsing watched as Kaylee hugged her, internally smiling from Kaylee's approach "Madame."

Kaylee separated from the hug "I'm sorry, my name is Kaylee Daae, nice to meet you."

"I am Abraham Van Helsing."

Then he turned to Quincey, Jack and Arthur "My friends, I can truthfully say God has put in our hands the sword which can slay the Nosferatu."

"And I hope you'll let me be the one to strike it." Arthur said

"Of course, my dear friend."

Kaylee stood in thought 'Nosferatu? Could he mean Lucy?'

"My friends, let us meet back her in two weeks."

"Why here?" Raoul inquired

"I'm sure the professor knows what he's doing."

"Thank you, my boy."

"Yes, but why here?"

Van Helsing said that there was a possibility that Dracula fed Lucy some of his blood, Kaylee knew because in the musical for Dracula to turn someone into a vampire is to give the victim his blood.

An exchange of blood...

But also because of the novel by Bram Stoker that she recently read when she was back in the modern world whenever she had free time. Kaylee always liked to read the classics.

Soon after the discussion, The group left. Kaylee had a feeling that she was being watched but she ignored it. After the group left, Dracula emerged from the shadows, singing

"This is just the beginning, it isn't an end This isn't a funeral, more of a christening There's no need to wear black This is just what I came here for, and the war has begun I'm creating my dynasty, the dark side of the sun."

Lucy rose from her grave her eyes know crimson red with her teeth now longer and pointer "Life After Life, you won't need flowers on your grave You won't need prayers, you have no mortal soul to save No one should mourn, no one should ever shed a tear The reward I am offering, shines brighter than Gold Life After Life."

She walks towards Dracula "You are only the spirit, the first of my kind It's a matter of time before London belongs to us."

"Every night someone new, every victim a midnight feast They will fall one by one, and our empire will quickly grow The Dark side of the Sun."

"Life After Life This is the prize I give to you
Find your new world."

"Together we will prowl these quiet moonlit streets"

"Choose our prey carefully"

"And Let it begin"

"Life After Life" Dracula takes Lucy to go and feast on the blood of the living "Go and quench your new thirst, drink the blood of the innocent."

Lucy begins to drink the blood out of a small child "Those who are without sin, taste the sweetest of all
Life After Life"

"You won't need flowers on your grave"

"You won't need prayers"

"I have no mortal soul to save"

"Together we will prowl these quiet moonlit streets
Choose our prey carefully And Let it Begin Life After Life After Life After Life After Life After Life After Life After Life After Life After...Life."

*****************
Kaylee's POV

I slept soundlessly through the night, but I woke up to a very bad feeling in my gut. The one thing I learned was to trust my gut feeling. Something in my gut was telling me to look up.

And so I did...

When I did, I saw a huge creature with large bat wings, I heard someone scream in fright...