Jonathan's Bedroom

Art above by: Kelsey Alexopoulos on Artstation

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The next day of Jonathan's stay in Dracula's castle.  March 17, 1875, Transylvania. Day after day he and Mina have been writing to each other for days on end. Mina wrote that her childhood friends, Kaylee, Christine, and Raoul had came over to Whitby bay for a holiday. Even sending him yesterday a small photograph of what they look like. Kaylee, he knew from the newspaper of her performance of 'Carmen' at Teatro San Carlo in Italy.

Jonathan got up from his bed, getting himself ready for the day by taking a nice warm show before getting dressed and continued working to finish the transaction of Dracula buying a house in London.

Jonathan takes out a razor and starts to shave, unknowingly that a shadow was looming over him. he turns around, causing Harker to cut himself. "Ow!" he exclaimed quietly

"You have cut yourself." said his host, Count Dracula as he came in to the bathroom

"There were no mirrors in the castle." Jonathan sighed

Dracula came behind him and takes the razor from Jonathan as he tilts Jonathan's head and shaves the blood off his neck.

"You should be more careful." he whispered making Jonathan shiver from discomfort. Dracula turns around when Jonathan wasn't looking and licks the blood off the blade.

*******************

The day before...

Dracula walks over to Jonathan's desk and picking up a picture over three people but the woman in the middle is want caught his eyes. her long hair pinned half up and the rest down. wearing a nice long train dress with gloves and a graceful smile.

"I see you found the picture." Jonathan said

Dracula runs his fingers over it "Fate has been kind to you."

Jonathan nods "Yes, she's a friend of my fiancee, Mina Murray. Kaylee Daae, said to be a the most beautiful soprano of them all after being raised in the French Opera. Even said to have a kind and strong personality. According to the theater critics, they have believed that she has a voice of both an angel and a siren."

"I assume that she comes from noble blood?" Dracula asks, still looking at the picture

"Yes, her father was a violinist and She's also self taught in martial arts."

Dracula smiles slightly "And so young, I envy you..."

*******************

Dracula helps Jonathan with the shaving but spots the cross that Jonathan was wearing and looks away "What are you wearing?!"

Jonathan looks down at the cross "The crucifix. My hostess in Bistritz gave it to me. she said for the journey to Transylvania." Dracula turns around at walks to the door

"Like I told you before; we are a superstitious people."

Jonathan looks at him strangely before remembering the papers "The documents!"

"One last thing," Dracula said as he reached the door and turned around "Do not sleep anywhere other than your room. If you are just a bit tired, you should go into your room right away."

"I will..."

"If you don't, I can't be responsible for the consequences. Goodnight, my friend." Dracula leaves the room and locks they door. Jonathan runs his fingers through his hair as he runs over to his bed and finishes his journal entry

Jonathan then gets up from the bed and checks all the doors of the castle, all of them locked and deadbolted. He looks around franticly, using a candle to lantern the way as he sang "I start to feel that I'm a prisoner here!Mina, God knows I have just cause for fearIn this curs'ed place!"

He runs down the stone stairs of the castle as he heard eerie whispers of his name near his ear, but to only find that no one was there "Will this strange being who exists by nightLet me go free,Or must I stand and fight?Will I ever see your face?"

"No where to hide. No friendly hand. I'm in a spider's webI twist in vain,As hope begins to end!"

Jonathan continued down the steps of the castle and finds a another door, he tries to open it. Only to find that was locked too. Jonathan 's back faced the wall as he placed his hand on his forehead "I hear strange voices drifting through the air! I hear wild laughter, but there's no one there! I'm under some evil spell!"

"I'm writing letters to you ev'ry dayBut, I have a feeling they're just thrown away!There's no way that I can tell!"

Jonathan launches himself off the door and finds other door that wasn't dead bolted, opening the door into the catacombs of the unknown. Not really having a choice, he continued onward into the unknown. He looks around and finds three door that led to three different rooms.

He was able to get the door open and stepped inside, shutting the door behind him. feeling sudden tiredness, he collapsed on to the ground. His final thoughts about Mina and the safety of her and her friends...