7. PLAN B

Gene felt her bed dip with the added weight of someone new, and it didn't take much consideration to realise who. There was only one person who was this much of a pain in the arse in the mornings.

She lifted her head, finding Lorelai sat before her with a smile. Gene sighed, her head dropping back against her pillow as felt the weight lift from her mattress, and she was close to sleep again.

A burst of light suddenly flashed, even catching Gene off guard through her shut eyelids, now tinted an almost red from the rays of light from the window. Her eyes squeezed shut and it went black and she could see stars, until Lorelai nudged her.

"Get up, Gene." Lorelai said.

Gene lifted her head now, offering Lorelai a mocking smile until she reached under her pillow, waving her wand and shutting the curtains. Her head fell again though it didn't land against a warm pillow, and instead hit the mattress and she groaned.

"What is it, Rory?" Gene muttered, her hands rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she finally sat up, to Lorelai's relief.

"Surprise." Lorelai smiled mischievously, her eyebrows waggling as Gene looked to and from the package in Lorelai's arms.

She quickly sat down on the mattress, placing the package between them as Gene crossed her legs, quickly going to unwrap the lilac paper to reveal possibly the most beautiful dress Gene had seen in her life. Underneath it, were a pair of stunning silver heels, embellished with small gems that glittered under the sun. She was almost worried that she might have gotten something similar to Ron's package.

"God, that's stunning." Lorelai gasped, "You're going to look perfect, Gene." she squealed, admiring the fabric as Gene lowered it back into the box, catching a glimpse of an envelope hidden at the bottom.

Gene opened the envelope, pulling out a letter and she began to read it, her thumb tracing her aunts handwriting carefully.

Gene,

It only makes sense for me to pass this down to you. It's what your mum would have wanted. Sirius brought it back from Grandma's. I hope you like it. And don't forget to take pictures with Ron.

Lorelai- make sure you wear these heels with only the worthiest of dates! I'm counting on you, sweetheart.

Love always,
Aurelia x

P.S. look in the envelope!

Gene's brows furrowed, reading Ron's name. Why on earth would she take pictures with Ron? She passed the letter onto Lorelai who read it with a smile as she took the envelope, finding there was something inside after all. She pulled it out, gasping lightly at the sight of a picture. More specifically, a picture of her mother and Sirius, and she was wearing the exact same dress.

It was a floor length gown, a deep black upon first glance, though in the right light, it shimmered a beautiful deep purple. Gene showed Lorelai the picture, which only made her fall in love with the dress more. She was the only person outside of Harry, Ron and Hermione to know about her family. They were her most trusted friends. Practically family themselves.

"Are you excited?" Lorelai asked Gene, lifting the heels and admiring them in the direct sunlight.

"No ones asked me yet." Gene reminded Lorelai, "So in case I don't wear it, you should." she said. She wasn't exactly counting on being asked either.

"Are you kidding me?" Lorelai stared at Gene deadpan, "You saw your mum in that picture, didn't you? There's no way you're not wearing that dress, date or not."