Chapter eleven: a tale of two rivals

Nergigante landed on the island , a few of his spikes dislodging themselves. Nergigante started forward on the strange, jagged landscape that stood before him. Nergigante suddenly realized that his foot felt wet. As he looked down upon his foot, he noticed that his reflection in the puddle of water he had stepped in looked different. Instead of the horns on his head being the usual color of bone, they now appeared to have the color of black and ivory mixed together. Nergigante then looked to himself, and noticed that his spikes had the same, new color that his horns had. "Interesting. Perhaps This isle has some untouched power I have not seen before" Nergigante said. As Nergigante continued up the path of origin isle, he suddenly heard the screeching of two legiana coming towards him. Nergigante looked up to see two infected legiana land in front of him. "Step aside miscreant, I have much bigger things to worry about than the likes of you." Nergigante growled. The two infected legiana refused to move, snapping their jaws at Nergigante. "Fine, have it your way." Nergigante said. As the two infected legiana shot forward with the intent to kill, one of the infected legiana found their neck being crushed by Nergigante. The second one was much smarter than the first, and began fleeing for its life. However, it did not get far, as it soon felt Nergigante's spikes lodge themselves into its back and head, killing it instantly. As Nergigante walked past the deceased bodies of the legiana, he jumped up onto a cliffside, and began to climb up the cliff wall. As Nergigante was climbing however, he then picked up the hunters scent. This sent him into a frothing rage. Nergigante launched himself over the top of the cliff, and landed on the very center of the isle. Then, he finally saw his old rival, the one he despised. There, staring at him, was the hunter. Nergigante knew this was his rival, mostly because the hunter was draped in the hide of a rathalos, accompanied with a large sword, the weapon of his choice. Nergigante growled at his rival, circling around the hunter. "So....we meet again." Nergigante snarled. The hunter drew his sword. "We both know how this will end human, you have nearly destroyed the new world by releasing that creature from its prison. But I will not allow you to do the exact same thing again. This circle of life and death ends here human, now draw your weapon and we will finish this rivalry once and for all!" Nergigante roared. The hunter could not understand Nergigante, but he knew what he needed to do. The two rivals charged at each other, Nergigante raising his forearm to crush the hunter, and the hunter beginning to swing his sword. As the two enemies brawled, they exchanged blow, after blow, after blow to eachother. Suddenly, Nergigante slammed his head into the ground, causing it to crack. Almost effortlessly, the hunter leaped off of a nearby wall, and slashed his sword at Nergigante's face, opening a large gash across Nergigante's face. Nergigante recoiled in pain, and swiped the hunter into a wall with his forearm. Nergigante then charged again at the hunter, only for the hunter to roll out of the way, causing Nergigante to ram into the wall. "Quick little bastard" Nergigante grumbled to himself. Nergigante whirled around to snap his jaws at the hunter. The hunter easily dodged the attack. Suddenly, Nergigante felt something grab the side of his head. Then, Nergigante found out that the hunter was now on his face, aiming something at him. Nergigante then felt a small explosion wound him, sending him crashing into the floor. As Nergigante stoop up however, he suddenly heard the song of Shara ishvalda. The hunter seemed to hear the song to, as he proceeded to stop attacking Nergigante. Suddenly, the two rivals found the ground beneath them had begun to crack and shatter. Suddenly, the floor caved in from under them, sending the two falling into a deeper section of the isle. Once Nergigante landed, he soon came face to face with a strange statue. Nergigante however, was not fooled. He knew who this was. This, was the old everwyrm itself, Shara ishvalda. As Nergigante righted himself, he saw Shara ishvalda's mouth begin to move. "Hello Nergigante..... we have heard much about you" Shara ishvalda said, it's voice deep and scratchy, as if two rocks were scraping against each other. "Silence Shara. You may have broken free if your prison, but I will not allow you to roam free an wreak havoc upon the land!" Nergigante roared. "You know this must happen Nergigante, this world will be our kingdom soon, and you will not stand in the black dragons way." Shara ishvalda said. Nergigante was shocked. The whole reason Shara ishvalda broke free was because of the black dragon. It was all the black dragons doing. Nergigante snarled and circled Shara ishvalda, knowing full well what he had to do now.

Velkhana awoke within her den, feeling sharp pain in her stomach. She looked up to see Valomyr and Namielle crouching beside her. "W-what happened?" Velkhana said. "You were stabbed by Nergigante. Namielle chased him out of the den, and he flew off to some strange island in the distance." Valomyr said. Velkhana was about to respond when suddenly, she felt Valomyr's wings wrap around her, as if Valomyr was hugging her. "Thank the sapphire star your alright." Valomyr said. Velkhana didn't know how to respond to Valomyr at that moment, except wrap her wings around him. "I told you I could take care of myself, didn't I?" Velkhana said. "Pardon me, but if I remember correctly, Valomyr mentioned Nergigante flying to that island he mentioned." Namielle said, pointing her wing in the direction of the island. "Oh dear.... I have to stop him!" Velkhana said, standing up. "Why? He tried to kill you, didn't he?" Namielle said. "That is true, but what's located on that island is far too powerful for him, he could get himself killed!" Velkhana said. Namielle nodded in understanding. "Good luck." Namielle said. Velkhana nodded, and spread her wings, lifting into the sky. As Velkhana flew in the direction of the island, she mentally prepared herself for the fight that was to come.