Chapter fifteen: all hail the empress

It had been two weeks since the death of Shara ishvalda. Ever since it's death, life within the new world had been rather peaceful. This also applied to the hoarfrost reach, which had slowly started to become a more civilized ecosystem. Many creatures within the hoarfrost reach had begun to recognize that ever since Velkhana had made her home within the frozen wasteland, life within it had become more balanced. Soon, the local fauna began to see Velkhana as a goddess of some sorts. In a few scenarios, some creatures would leave rations as an offering to Velkhana. Velkhana had noticed this, and took advantage of it, becoming a deity of the hoarfrost reach. As of today, Velkhana was in a good mood. She had bonded with Namielle in the past two weeks, with Namielle looking up to Velkhana as both a sister figure, and a leader. Velkhana had also discovered that she seemed to have minor healing abilities, after having her stomach wound heal much quicker than usual. As Velkhana was reminiscing about the past events, she suddenly came to a stop as she smacked into something metallic. After regaining focus, she realized that she had bumped into Valomyr. She noticed that Valomyr seemed to be blushing in embarrassment, after looking clumsy in front of Velkhana. "Oh! Uh, forgive me for running into you Velkhana." Valomyr said. "Well, we both ran into each other multiple times, so I can't blame you." Velkhana's said. Valomyr then cleared his throat. "So, I see you have gained quite the following, haven't you?" Valomyr said. "I quite like it actually. It's refreshing to see others treat me like royalty, which was something I was neglected of." Velkhana said. "Well, I was your first, was I not?" Valomyr said, shifting his wings to feel comfortable. "Well yes you were, and I thank you for that. If you hadn't found me, I probably would have been alone for the foreseeable future." Velkhana said, lowering her head at the mere thought. "Your very welcome, "my empress". You deserved to be recognized for what you are, and what you are to me." Valomyr said, moving the end of his tail to rest on the end of Velkhana's tail. Velkhana was a little shocked by those words, but soon began to smile. "Empress? That's a bit regal, is it not?" Velkhana said. "Nothing suits you better than the word, "regal" my friend." Valomyr said. Velkhana couldn't help but blush a little at those words. She Thumped Valomyr's left wing with her right wing, as a sign of thanks to his comforting words. "Well, I think I've had enough of feeling sorry for myself. Do you want to go find something to eat with me?" Velkhana asked. "It would be an honor." Valomyr said. The two elder dragons smiled, and flew into the sky, eager to engrave their names into history.

Alatreon sat within the dark cave of the elders recess, tapping a claw on the floor. Suddenly, the black dragon heard wingbeats, and saw a rusted kushala daora fly into the cave. "Master alatreon, I bring terrible news!" The rusted elder dragon exclaimed. "Go on." Alatreon growled. "Not only is Val-hazak a traitor, but a tragedy has happened!" The rusted kushala daora said, trying to sound over-dramatic. Alatreon was not surprised to hear of Val-hazak's treason, considering how he always lied to anyone who he didn't like. "And what of this "tragedy" that you whine about." Alatreon grunted. "Shara ishvalda is dead!" The rusted kushala daora said. This actually surprised the black dragon. "WHAT!" Alatreon roared. The rusted kushala daora fled the cave, fearing Alatreon's wrath. Alatreon was furious. He couldn't comprehend how Shara ishvalda could have died. "Well, whoever killed my pawn seems to think they are more powerful than me. If they want power, I will show them TRUE power. I will rain down the elements on their body's, and leave nothing but ashes in my wake! They Shall die, and the world will know my wrath!" Alatreon roared, his mind wanting nothing more than to kill the fools that dared to contest his power.