Two - Unknown Number

Two

Niall's P.O.V.

I sat at the girl's bedside and waited for her to wake up. She had long ginger hair and fair skin. She reminded me of home, the Irish girls. She looked a lot like this one that went to my school. I'd had a bit of a crush on her... No. I needed to stop. The girl in front of me looked like the girl from back home looked when I was 16. I was much older now, and I didn't even know what this girl was like. But she was really pretty... Her sudden groan snapped me out of my thoughts. She tilted her head and her eyes fluttered open. They were green with a bit of blue around the edges. They gazed at me, unfocused.

"Wha-" she mumbled.

"It's okay. You got knocked out and are at the hospital," I told her, standing up, "Just a sec while I get the nurse to tell her you're awake."

"Wait!"

I hadn't expected her to be so alert so soon.

"Yeah?"

"Who are you?" she questioned. "Who am I?"

Her question caught me off guard.

"Aren't you a fan?"

She was there at the hotel. She was wearing a hand decorated "1D" T-shirt before she got to the hospital. She had to be a fan.

"A fan of what?" she looked truly confused.

"I'll just go get the nurse," I said carefully. Something must have happened to her when she got knocked out. I poked my head out of the room and soon saw her nurse.

"She's awake!" I called.

"Shhhh!" She responded, "It's the middle of the night! You'll wake to patients!"

"What time is it?" I whispered as soon as she was in earshot.

She checked her watch "Ten till five."

Why did she have to say it like that? "So it's 4:50?"

"Yes," she replied curtly before entering the room.

4:50! I guess that made sense. The concert -that seemed like ages ago! - had ended around midnight and I'd been here a long time. And security didn't know where I was! I hoped the lads were holding out alright against them. They'd all be really mad when I got back.

​​

I followed the nurse into the room to find her talking with the girl. It dawned on me that I didn't know her name.

"Hahaha! I don't-!"

The look on the nurse's face made me stop.

"What's wrong?"

The nurse replied immediately, "I'm just here to collect data for the doctors. I can't diagnose anything."

"Well can you get a doctor?"

"One's on her way."

Just then a doctor walked in. "Sir, I'll need you to wait outside," she said pointedly. I had no idea how long I waited. As soon as the door opened, I moved to go in. But the doctor motioned for me to accompany her to the hall.

"What's wrong?" I repeated when we had walked a short way down the hall.

"I'm afraid she has some possible brain damage."

No. No. No. No! This was all my fault! If I had just gone inside like I was supposed to, none of this would have happened!

"How bad?" I questioned farther.