16

16

Niall's P.O.V.

I woke up on the floor of my room and just laid there for a bit, thinking. I had to go back to the tour soon. I wanted, so badly, for Diana to come with me. But she really needed to get used to living at home again. School would be starting soon. But I would miss Diana so severely if I left her here. But she needed to stay. But she would have fun on tour. But she needed to stay. But if she stayed, she'd be here with Marcus and no me. But she could take care of herself. But what if staying here made her unhappy?

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I'd figure it all out later.

Standing up, I unplugged my phone to check the time. However, it was still useless. I cursed myself for dropping it and pulled on a shirt. I tried to flatten my bedhead as much as I could with my hand and left the room. I hadn't gone three steps before stopping dead and turning back.

Had Diana been in bed, where I'd left her? I wasn't sure.

I checked the bed to find it empty. Weird. She liked to sleep in. I shrugged and strolled downstairs.

"Morning," I called to Dan and Sara, who were finishing breakfast.

"Afternoon," Sara called back, giggling.

"What?"

"It's that time of day where it's not morning but it's not evening either," Dan grinned.

"What time is it?" I asked, hastily.

"Oh," Sara took her time, "only about 2."

My face must have been hilarious, as both Dan and Sara burst out laughing.

I finally recovered. "Where is everyone?"

"Maddie's at a friend's house. Mom's downstairs. Dad's at work..." Again, Sara took her time getting to what I wanted to know. "And Neala is upstairs in my room with a friend."

"Who? Janice? I don't like her and I don't think Diana does either," I half asked, half mumbled to myself, running up the stairs.

I burst through the door, looking wildly around. Diana was plopped on the edge of the bed with another girl next to her. Diana's shoulders were shaking. She was crying!

"Oi! What are you doin'?" I demanded of the other girl. It wasn't Janice, I realized.

When Diana turned around I could see she'd been laughing, not crying.

"It's okay, Ni," she giggled. I loved it when she called me that. "She's my friend."

"Oh... Well uh, I knew that. I just wanted to scare you!" I fibbed, embarrassed.

"Oh, suuure," Diana rolled her eyes. "Ni, this is Macey. Mace, I think you know who this is..."

Macey was frozen, gaping at me.

Uh oh, I thought. It doesn't look like she's breathing. Looks like a fangirl attack.

"Hey there, M-" I almost said her name. Which, I knew from experience, was not a good thing to do during a fangirl attack.

I hugged her and rubbed her back slowly, instead.

"Heyy, it's okay."

"I- I love you, Niall!" Macey got out, sobbing now.

"I love you too," I responded, automatically. Then I glanced at Diana. Was she jealous? But she was smiling widely. I relaxed a bit and continued hugging Macey until she calmed down.

"S-sorry," she blushed as I let go of her to sit between the two girls.

"Why? That was more controlled fangirling than some people."