Six - Meet The Band

Six

Diana's P.O.V. (Recap of 3-4)

I was in a car on its way to where Niall and his mates were. The driver, Prescott, was tapping my shoulder, "I called the rest of the security team. We're going to meet the bus. We're almost to the meeting point."

I nodded silently.

He gave me a knowing look, "Nervous?"

I sat up a little straighter, "Yeah."

We were in what looked like the middle of nowhere. I was about to meet the best friends of the bay who'd saved my life. Prescott turned onto a back road. My eyes widened. Maybe he was a murderer.

He saw me and laughed. "The lads can't just pull over on the highway! We had to get them lost to be safe."

I raised my eyebrows. "Lost?"

"Well not lost, lost, but lost from fans and the paparazzi. They had to go on a bunch of one lane roads and tunnels to get this lost from everyone. It's hard to hide four buses!"

Wait, did he just say there were four buses? "Four?" Why on earth would they need four?

"Yes," He responded like it was obvious, "Four. One for them, one for the security team, one for the crew, and one for all the other people involved in putting a show together seamlessly! Anyway, they're probably sleeping now so you'd better be quiet when we get there."

"Sleeping?" I asked, "What time is it?"

He turned onto a dirt road and pointed to the dashboard clock. '5:43'

"You've been driving all night!" When I'd said "no" to a hotel I hadn't been thinking about that.

"It's alright," He assured.

In the distance, I saw a few lights.

"That's probably the buses," He informed me.

My stomach felt full of butterflies. We pulled alongside two buses. Inside one of them was Niall! I couldn't sit still as he put the car in park. I jumped out and was confronted by a security guard.

"It's OK, Kara," Prescott told her, "She's with me."

Kara smiled, "Oh sorry. I didn't see you, Pres." She turned to me, "I'm Kara. You must be that girl Niall is obsessed with. He won't shut up about you!" She laughed.

I blushed.

"The lads are asleep right now," Kara informed me. "We got your call that you were coming early after they turned in for the night. We didn't want to wake them up just to tell them that. But now that you're here we can if you want to...?"

I hesitated. I did want to see Niall ASAP, but he was probably tired after their concert. And once he was up I knew I'd never fall asleep. "I can wait until morning." I decided.

"Alright," She sounded grateful. "Do you want to stay on the staff bus? Or there's an extra bunk on the lads' bus."

"The lads' bus!!" It seemed obvious to me. Of course, I wanted to stay with Niall. Kara and Prescott seemed nice but I didn't trust them like Niall. She guided me to their bus and gave me a short tour. Then she showed me my bed cubby. It was right under Niall's! I thanked Kara and slipped into my cubby. Literally slipped. One of the lads had left water (at least I hoped it was water) on the floor. I was glad Kara had left. I chuckled at myself and curled up in my blankets. I needed to get some sleep but I couldn't for a long time. The walls of my cubby were so close. I guessed I was claustrophobic. I had to open the curtain and focus on the small amount of open space between me and one of the other lad's cubby.