12| Funeral Caskets and Leather Seats

Hey guys, so I decided to put titles on all my chapters, go check 'em out!

...

"What?"

"You heard me." Rachel said, leaning back in her seat with a satisfied smile.

The silence after was deadly.

"Rachel," Chioma started, still in shock, "are you crazy? Why would you dare her to do that?"

"Um!" Rachel smirked. "'Cause I wanted to. Period. Gina, I'm waiting."

Oh God. To say Gina was panicking felt like a weak understatement.

Oti shrugged and glanced at Gina expectantly and she sucked in a breath. He actually wanted to kiss her, with those perfect lips.

Those damn lips.

"Uh, um, aren't you...aren't you dating Chioma?" Gina asked testily, her eyes on the Togolese girl who was still locked in an intense stare down with her supposed friend, Rachel.

Oti laughed and Gina's eyes shot to him in surprise.

"What? No. We're just friends. Who told you that?"

Another awkward silence ensued. To be honest, Gina felt embarrassed for Chioma's sake.

Your supposed girlfriend, Chioma, did.

"Besides," he continued, his smile so charming it tugging at Gina's heartstrings. "A dare's a dare."

Chioma is going to murder me, was Gina's only thought.

She glanced at Oti's supposed girlfriend again only to find her staring silently back. Her eyes were deathly calm but seemed to speak louder than words ever could, 'kiss him, I dare you.'

Gina was going to refuse the dare when Oti rolled his eyes and stood. "Oh, come on. It's just a kiss."

He walked over to Gina and looked down at her, licking his pink lips with a wicked grin stretched across his face. "How many seconds, Rachel?"

Rachel snickered. "Thirty."

"Let's get to it then," Oti told her, already leaning forward.

And suddenly, Gina was kissing Oti Akinwunmi.

...

"Okay, so which flowers do you prefer, Lilies or Chrysanthemums?" Hannah asked casually, running the back of her hand over her glistening forehead. They slung their bags over their shoulders and made their way down the stairs towards the school's exit, the sounds of their footsteps mixing with everyone else's and the sounds of chatting students.

Gina furrowed her thick eyebrows, not sure where the conversation was headed. "Uh, Lilies?"

"Good choice!" Hannah said cheerily, "they'll look better on your funeral casket anyways."

Gina sighed tiredly. She was well aware that she was a dead girl walking, the constant reminder was unnecessary.

"I've got this chick black dress I've always wanted to wear. My aunt bought it for me for Christmas last year. It's too long to be worn casually and it's totally not fit for church but it would be perfect at your funeral. Simply splendid, honestly." Hannah continued oblivious to Gina's feelings, her words slowly filling Gina with a sense of dread.

Nifemi took one look at Gina and sighed. "Hannah?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up. You're scaring Gina."