8| Ex-Playboys and Oversized Suits

"Hey, Matt. Do you have a minute?"

Matt turned away from the open door of his classroom and his classmates to stare at the light-skinned girl with caramel coloured eyes who'd just called him. Her wide smile dazzling and eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Yeah. Sure," he answered, walking up to her short figure with a small smile. "What's up, Becca?"

"Nothing much," she casually told him, staring up at him through long lashes. Casually, she folded her arms under her boobs and, consequently, Matt eyes dropped down to them before he could stop himself. When he dragged his eyes back up to hers, she was smirking knowingly.

"I just wanted to know if you'd have time for a little...chat during the short break. We barely have any time to talk right now." Becca finished, looking at him through her long lashes and Matt bit his button lip pondering wether or not to take the obvious offer.

Becca wasn't one to let her uniform hide her appeal. Her tight uniform did little to hide her curves, her black skirt a little shorter than most girls, hinting at the fair thighs beneath. Her white knee length socks finished off the sexy school girl look, just exactly what she'd aimed for.

"You wanna chat, huh?" Matt leaned down a little bit, his face hovering very close to hers as he stared straight into her catlike eyes, not caring a bit that they were in the hallway, open for all to see and gossip about. OIS's many gossipers were going to have a field day. "You mind giving me a hint what it'll be about?"

Becca was a bit flustered at the small distance between their faces. Eventually, her smile grew wider, her eyes flicking briefly to his pink lips and back to his green eyes. She leaned closer and trailed her fingers down the folds of his blazer boldly, "You see, I've taken quite a liking to you. I just wanted us to know each other better. That's all."

"Well, then—"

Like a sharp pull back to reality, the bell for first period rang and suddenly, their not-so-subtle audience began to disperse, speeding off to their respective classes. Matt glanced around at everyone else his gaze finally settling back on the short girl in front of him. Becca was staring at the others as the last of them ran into their classes, probably wanting to run off to her class soon too.

What am I doing?

Becca was beautiful, stunning actually. She could turn multiple people's heads, male or female, just by existing and Wilson had told him that she had brains on her too.

But Matt wasn't interested at the moment, he couldn't be. He knew she'd just serve as a  mere distraction, or worse, an attempt to help him forget the girl his heart still hopelessly ached for. A girl he knew he wouldn't see face-to-face for a long time.

From the meaningful looks Becca had been passing him throughout the morning assembly, he could tell she wouldn't mind a no-strings-attached make-out session but Matt couldn't bring himself to give into her request.

He didn't want to be that guy anymore.

"Becca," he started and her light brown eyes shot to him expectantly. He sighed. "Look, I'm sorry for leading you on a bit but I'm not interested. We can talk normally as friends though, but we both know that that 'chat' you were talking about has nothing to do with talking."

She pursued her lips and narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "You wanted it before though, I could tell. What changed your mind? I'm not pretty enough for you or what?" Her voice was tinged with annoyance and Matt frowned at her sudden change in attitude.

He held up his palms in protest. "Woah, you're pretty, beautiful even! I just—" he sighed again, "—don't want to hook up with you."

She opened her mouth to say something but Matt shook his head. "Just head to class, Becca, teachers would be here any moment now."