30• Beloved

•Diavolo DeLuca•
•A week later•

We were going to have a baby girl. Davina wanted to name her Ellera, like my mother, so that's the name that's engraved in the urn along with the one of my wife.

"Do you want me to make you something for dinner, Iavo?" My sister asked as we entered the house.

I sniffled as my eyes wandered around the foyer; the last time I was here, Davina was leaving as my wife with her whole life ahead of her "No, I'm just gonna go sleep," my eyes are heavy from all the crying and my head hasn't stopped throbbing the last three days due to the lack of sleep and food.

"Diavolo, you need to eat something," Elena softly said.

I shook my head as my feet took me to the stairs "I need to pack."

"Pack? For what?" She inquired.

My head looked at her over my shoulder "I can't stay here, Elena, she's everywhere and that doesn't help," tears flooded my eyes as I rushed up the stairs. Once in the bedroom, I went into the walk-in closet where the urn is.

"Hi, angels," I sniffled, placing my hand on the the marble urn lid. "I was thinking we could go for a little trip to Italy. Now that Elena is taking care of the business, we can go anywhere and just worry about our happiness..." tears ran down my cheeks as my lower lip quivered. "I don't know how I'm supposed to live without you, bunny...why did it have to be you?" My fists hit the wooden closet island "It should've been me! Not you!" Sobs escaped my mouth as I grabbed the urn and sat down on the floor to stare at the silver plate with my late wife and unborn daughter's names.

For three hours, I lay on the closet floor, looking at the urn and remembering the last time I made love to my wife...it's hard to believe that her gorgeous body and incomparable mind are in this little box where only her foot would fit if she was still alive.

This is the second time I see the name 'Ellera DeLuca' on a plaque. I had big things planned for the baby like getting stupidly jealous and protective when she brought her first boyfriend or girlfriend because she was going to be the light of my eyes, she was going to give me one more reason to breathe, to come home every night, her mommy and I were supposed to give her more siblings! THIS WAS NOT HOW EVERYTHING SHOULD'VE HAPPENED! I SHOULD'VE DIED BECAUSE I'VE LIVED BUT MY PRECIOUS LITTLE BUNNY WAS JUST STARTING TO! SHE WAS NAIVE AND INNOCENT AND GOOD EVEN AFTER EVERYTHING THAT HAD HAPPENED TO HER SHE WAS STILL AN ANGEL AND THE UNIVERSE TOOK HER AWAY FROM ME!

I got up on my feet and exited the bedroom to go to the one to my right which was supposed to be the nursery. The crib's box was by the window and so were the cans of paint along with a screwdriver which is supposed to help open the cans.

I approached the crib box and opened it desperately, feeling like my life depended on it because that's how it felt.

"Ellera, Ellera, Ellera, Ellera..." my daughter's name repeatedly left my mouth as I pulled out the wooden pieces until the piece with the engraving was in my hands. It was Davina's idea to have an engraved:

We love you
-Mommy & Daddy

So our baby always had those powerful words with her but now she'll never sleep on the little mattress with the beautiful cotton sheets that has dinosaurs drawings on it because my wife loved dinosaurs.