4•Partial

•Davina Alexander•

"Davina do you love this man?" he placed a picture of Jack in front of me.

I frowned, looking at Jack's wicked brown eyes on the picture "Y-Yes."

"Why are you lying to me?" Diavolo asked calmly.

I stayed quiet for a couple of seconds and then gazed up at him "I'm not allowed to talk about my feelings or speak against him," I hesitantly replied. "He said I would be punished for it."

"He told you that?" he immediately removed the picture from my sight. "No one will hurt you here; you are under my protection now, Davina. The tracker we found is not long-range so as soon as you were off the island you were untraceable; he cannot get to you, okay?"

"Okay." I inhaled shakily as tears threatened to leave my eyes "I hate him," I stated as my eyes fell to my hands "he has done nothing but hurt me for years."

"I will never force you to talk about what he did to you, but you can if you want to. Do you want this marriage to be terminated? I can have it done by the end of the day tomorrow," he informed.

My eyes raised to look at him in disbelief "Yes, please."

"Perfect, now, can I have that back?" he asked with a gentle smile.

"Yes," I whispered, looking up at him as I handed him back the paper "thank you," I said looking into his blue eyes.

"I don't like people who abuse defenseless people," he stated, putting the folder back in the drawer. "You shouldn't have gone in the pool with the fresh stitches and you cannot take baths in 2 weeks, so from now on the only water that can touch is the shower and change the bandages once a day; you'll have the supplies in your room."

I looked at the smaller plate on the tray that had scrambled eggs with ham, beside it a bowl of fruit and a tall glass of orange juice. I tried my best to eat it all but ended up eating half of it since I'm not used to such a big breakfast. Once we were done eating, I asked for permission to leave to go get ready as he said I should.

As I walked upstairs I felt lighter; the fact that I won't be married to a man twice my age, who has wounded me in every way imaginable is so liberating and renewing. When I got to my bedroom my bed was already made and there was a golden package on the pillow. It was chocolate – I remember the smell from when I was four and my dad brought a bar for my mom but I never got to taste it because mom said I didn't deserve to have candy. As a girl, I didn't eat anything that wasn't tasteless soups or sandwiches since they didn't take time to make, and my parents always spent their money on other things.

 As a girl, I didn't eat anything that wasn't tasteless soups or sandwiches since they didn't take time to make, and my parents always spent their money on other things

I unwrapped the small square and shoved it in my mouth; it's the most delicious thing I've tasted but then again I haven't tasted a lot in my life...but the taste made me happy, it was so sweet and it coated my tongue so softly.