Chapter Six

So here you were, alone with some villain. You didn't really care about that though. Everything in your life was a lie, all the things you believed in, all the things he had taught you, all were untrue. And it was gut wrenching to know that. 

 "That's quite an interesting turn of events, don't you think?" The arsonist asked, studying his hand.

 You sighed, looking up at him. "What do you want? To torture me or something?" 

 "No no, of course not, doll. I just want to help you. I actually think that we could become good friends." He told you, cyan eyes staring straight through your body, right into your soul.

 You scoffed. "You think we could be friends? I would never befriend a criminal like you."

 "You seriously don't remember, huh? What about judging a person based off their actions, and not their appearances?"

 What? What was he talking about? You were so confused. Had the two of you met before? 

 "Well you kidnapped two high school students and almost burnt down an entire forest. I think that's enough for me to judge." You listed out. 

 "It's not like I really had a choice. Do you think I could get a normal job? Lead a normal life? No. Guys like me are outcasts in society. We don't even stand a chance. I want to change, I really do, but I can't without your help." 

 The irritated expression on your face softened. Somehow, this villain had managed to tug at your heartstrings. He had successfully manipulated you without you even realizing. "So...what do you want me to do?"

 "First I'm going to get you out of here. But listen, you can't tell the heroes or the cops about this. They'll get the wrong idea. This'll be our secret, okay?" He grabbed your chin softly, and you could feel your cheeks heat up.

 "Uh okay." 

 Right as he undid your restraints, a loud noise came from the bar. You assumed it was the heroes coming to save you, but you didn't really care about that. You were more focused on the mystery of a man who was helping you escape. 

 "Shit, I gotta go. Here, take this. So you know how to contact me." He handed you a little slip of paper, with a phone number and one word on it. Dabi.

 So that's his name. Dabi. 

********

 You and Bakugo were rescued by the others, while All Might was mid battle with all for one. The fight was long and tragic, especially since you lost the symbol of peace at the end. 

 Personally, you never really liked All Might. Of course, he was a great hero, and a mediocre teacher, but you still had a bit of a grudge against him. He wasn't there...that night. No one was. No one could help your father. You understood that heroes couldn't save everyone, but the least they could do was help when he cried out for it. 

 Then, you both were escorted by the police and were questioned about the league of villains. You answered most questions, but there were some...some that you hesitated on. 

 "So you were isolated from the others with a villain?"

 "What? Who told you that?"

 "Katsuki. Now, did it happen?"

 "I mean it did..." 

 "Did they say anything to you? Could you give a description of them?"

 Crap...Think of something, quick!

 "He didn't really say anything to me. He just stopped paying attention and I managed to knock him out and escape through the back."

 "And who was this man?"

 "Um, I didn't really get a good look, and I never got his name." You couldn't believe you were lying for this villain. If you got caught, you would be in deep trouble. You'd probably even earn jail time. But, you still believed it was the right thing to do. Dabi deserved a better life than this, and you were going to help him. 

 Eventually, the questioning was over, and you were allowed to go back home. So there you went, but not thinking about your new companion, and your new view of life first. 

 Things were definitely going to get way more complicated.