But it seems like I have to remove the things which will remind me of my past. I can't continue my life like this.

First I have to apologize to Aarna for my idiotic behavior. With these thoughts, I was about to stand up from the swing but stopped when I heard someone's throat-clearing

I saw that Aarna was standing there awkwardly while holding a bowl in her hand. I sighed and gestured for her to sit beside me. She nodded at me meekly and sat there after looking at me consciously.

I didn't like her conscious behavior around me. She was always a cheerful and happy-going girl. I wanted her to be like that only. I hated her distant behavior and I hated to admit the fact that it was affecting me somehow.

I was annoyed at my behavior and sighed loudly which made her flinch.

"Well, " She looked at me and said in one go," I am sorry. I shouldn't have brought that painting topic. I should have understood that it is associated with your past. So I am truly sorry."

Why the hell is she apologizing when I should be the one to do it.?

I thought and glanced at her to see that she was fiddling with the edge of her kurta nervously, clearly waiting for my response.

"Idiot," I muttered under my breath after seeing her meek behavior.

She must have heard my mumble as she was glaring at me while scrunching her nose.

"What did you say.?" She asked me angrily.

"Nothing," I said as I didn't want to rile her up more.

"I heard it. You called me an 'Idiot'." She said while pointing her finger at me.

"Well...Idiot. I mean..I called myself an Idiot." I said and she calmed down a little.

"Yes. You are an idiot. I agree." She said while plopping a grape into her mouth. Now it was my turn to glare at her.

"What! Dare you to say that you are not!!" She asked while cocking her eyebrows at me.

If anyone had ever done that act, I would have seen their end but it was her and surprisingly I didn't find it offensive. She is kinda looking like a little Don who was trying to intimidate the famous mobster.

I cringed at my weird imagination and nodded at her a little as I did feel like I was an idiot to behave like that.

"I shouldn't have behaved like that. I will try to not repeat it." I told her and she nodded at me.

"Continue," She said when I was done talking.

"What!!" I asked her in confusion.

"Aren't you going to apologize, you little punk.? What kind of rotten behavior is that.?" She gritted her teeth.

I simply shrugged my shoulders and plopped a grape into my mouth. Seeing this she immediately hid that bowl behind her and looked at me in a challenging manner

"Say sorry or else I won't give you a single grape," She said and it immediately reminded me of a little lad who was bargaining his way to make things go in his favor.

I just flicked her forehead and stood up with a scoff before going inside. I could feel her following me like a lost puppy

I went to the kitchen and took a bunch of cleaned grapes in a bowl before taking one to munch on it.

Then I went upstairs to our room with her following behind me and placed that grapes bowl on a table before walking on the way to the washroom.

Seeing that she was still following me while mumbling herself about how arrogant I was and I didn't even know how to say sorry, I stopped in my tracks.