My hero

-
We had spent the rest of the day working out a bunch of things to do with the drugs.
Well it was mostly Kai doing the bargaining portion while I was doing the math part.

Hawks had come by since I had texted him before about this, he just checked in since he was still on the clock.
Endeavor was in town now which made him actually have to do patrol and other things alone now- much to his dismay.

"Can we go on a walk again? And hopefully not be interrupted this time."
I questioned since Kai was finishing up his last paper we needed for the deal tomorrow.

"If you would like to."
He assured while the last scratches of ink were laid on the paper and he stood up.

I was floating beside him but I dropped down now taking hold of his arm while we went back upstairs.

The night was setting in now with the dusk air sending a chill up my spine.
Kai seemed to notice and slipped off his jacket for me while we walked past a few buildings.

We were in the more populated part of the city now but since it was still work hours for most people it was a lot more quiet.

"I didn't think you could scare them more than me."
He admitted while I just giggled to myself.

"Well I am a well known hero apparently, it was pretty obvious that if they had said anything about me they would never be believed. So my threats would mean twice as much due to how inferior they would feel having me say it."

I explained while he just nodded since it was pretty clear I was still being recognized while we walked.
He kept his head down and he wasn't wearing his usual plague mask which probably helped.

We both could hear the passing complements of the people while we walked by.

"You know, when you complete this mission I'm sure you'll be praised as a hero as well."

I said which caused him to raise a brow at my words.

"I wouldn't like that if I'm honest, I dislike the concept of hero's in the first place."

"Well I can't argue with that one, I'm just saying you being a hero would be interesting to see."

"If I can help it, that won't happen."

He sighed happily though while I stopped and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm sure being a mob boss is fine for you, but you have to remember that I have to keep up my image as a hero. If you were to become a hero, and run the mob then the people would trust you. The more trust the people have in you the more customers."

I tilted my head in a slight angle while he just pulled me closer by my waist.

"You are too smart for you own good."
His voice was somewhat muffled by the mask but it was audible enough as it was.

"Basic business, know your audience."
I smiled at him while we began walking again, though much to both of our dismay I could see Hawks fighting a giant shark-human- thing.

"Now do me a favor and keep up, trap it when I get it on the ground yea?"
I said simply to Kai while he rolled his eyes but I flew up to the villain.

"Oh hey kid, how's it going?"
Hawks chuckled avoiding the shark-thing that was trying desperately to grab him.

"Pretty good, looks like you're having fun here. But I want to have Kai help with this one."

"You mean your little love bird? Sure, you wanna take this guy?"

"Yea sure."

We both conversed while the shark-thing was basically screaming at the both of us.
I knew there were definitely news reporters here which was good.

"Have fun Babybird."
Hawks said backing up while I smirked and let my claws show before flying directly into the shark.

I landed a strong blow to his face before proceeding to kick him on the ground while I looked to Kai.

He nodded and kneeled on the ground while the shark was recovering.
The cement wrapped around his body and he was now completely trapped in the road.

"See, was that so hard?"
I giggled flying down to Kai and seeing him glare at me.

"This better work."
"It will, but let's get out of here before the media swarms us yea?"
"Fine, we're going to my place."
"Actually I need to be home, so we're going back to mine."

I said quickly before picking him up and soaring through the air to get passed all the reporters.
They did seem to notice Kai in my arms though which was probably good since they would now see him not as much as a villain.

"Nice work kids, Babybird your little friend has some power behind him."
Hawks flew beside us while I just laughed to myself now.

"Yea, but you're dealing with the press. I'll buy you food tomorrow if you do."

"Done, and done."
Hawks chuckled before flying off in the other direction while I just smiled at Kai.

He didn't seem phased at all but he didn't look annoyed in anyway which was good.

"Now how do I repay you for being a good little hero?"

I teased, now he looked annoyed. But it faded after a moment when he looked up at me.

"You don't have to."

"Yea but who said I didn't want to?"

He rolled his eyes at me while we made it to the house.
I set him down and immediately he had his arms crossed and was looking down at me.
Giving him my best puppy eyes his glare softened again.

"I have a few ideas Angel."
He took off his mask to reveal a smirk while he tiled my head up to kiss me.

-