Raid

(Y/n) POV
-
I left the restaurant after that while trying to avoid the people who were basically swarming me.

I was lucky that I did have a while longer before Hawks or my dad went back to the house.

I wonder why school is canceled?

I kept thinking as I weaved through the people and eventually took to the air to avoid them easier.

"Hey kid how'd you date go?"

Hawks caught up to me and was now flying beside me with a small grin.
He probably had just finished flying around and one of his agents was going to take over.

"It was good, learned the guy was incredibly dangerous and tried to kill me when we met but he seems to like me now."
I admitted while Hawks jaw dropped slightly since again, I said that way too casually.

"Sometimes I genuinely think you're too calm about these things."
He admitted while I just shrugged and flew faster since I kinda wanted to get home.

"School is canceled tomorrow, you want to hang out?"
I asked him while he gave a toothy smile and nodded with a thumbs up.

"Of course Babybird, though I am going to drag you to watch some raid the police are doing."

"Raid?"

"Yea apparently they found some weird drug thing and there's a lot of hero's involved."

"Okay now you sound too calm saying this."

I giggled while we reached the house and both entered and relaxed back.
Hawks on the couch and me in mid air.

"It shouldn't be a big deal kid, I just want to watch it since I believe your dad will be there."

This peaked my interest now since now his text made sense from earlier.

"No wonder why he told me to stay home."
Hawks raised a brow at me while I threw him my phone with my dads messages on it.

"Huh, well I'm sure he won't notice us if we stay high enough."
Hawks said after a moment of reading the messages, he never was one for following anyone rules.

Granted I did agree with him so I wasn't exactly fond of dealing with being on house arrest in the first place.

"That's true, I kinda want to know why they won't allow you to help though."

"It's for a special ops mission later, undercover and crap."
Hawks said while again spinning his feathers in his hand while I formed a ball of dark matter and was morphing it with my hands.

"Sounds like a fun change from patrols, I guess you should enjoy that."

"I wouldn't say enjoy kid, but it's happening later this year so it shouldn't be too big of an issue."
He said while I just closed my eyes in an attempt to possibly sleep.

"Still better than patrols, but I agree I want to see what my dad is trying to hide me from."
"You're telling me, they only told me the location since I had talked to Fatgum beforehand."

He chuckled since he obviously didn't take this seriously since it was probably going to be just a basic drug raid.

Though that wouldn't explain why they had a bunch of high ranking hero's going.

"Regardless, I'll join you when they all head inside since my dad isn't the type to not check the air around him."
I said while Hawks nodded and proceeded to try and sleep as well.

"I'll give you the location before, if things get dicey I can't intervene but I'll tell you if anything goes wrong."
He said lowly before we both seemed to drift off to sleep.
-

Waking up I did notice that Hawks had already left which was typical for this sort of thing.

It was pretty late in the morning since I hadn't set an alarm for school.

I stretched my back as I stood up and looked in the mirror the dress I was wearing still looked clean and it brought a small smile to my face knowing it was from Kai.

Ding

Hawks
Kid get down here.
Now.

Me
Shit what happened?

Hawks
It'll explain itself.
Get down here.

This was odd since Hawks was almost never demanding about anything, and I mean anything.

Either way I knew this was serious, spreading my wings behind me I flew out the door and sped towards the location of Hawks phone.

The city passed by me as I was going top speed to get to the place.
It was obvious something terrible had happened since they were guarding bystanders and trying to rangle them out of any harms way.

When I reached the place, it was in shreds.
Complete shreds.

There were hero's being taken out on stretchers one after the other, there were countless.

Then two people caught my eyes.

Dad.

Kai.

They were both being taken out, dad was incredibly bloodied and beaten up.
Same with Kai but he had his hands handcuffed together and was being kept on oxygen.

I went to fly down but I felt someone's hands holding me back.

"You're not meant to be here remember? Dont make your dad worse."
Hawks voice was quiet but I couldn't help but feel tears prickle in my eyes looking at the scene.

"I know. He'll be okay right?"
I questioned feeling the tears falling from my face, but I did my best to not show any sign of weakness.

"It's your old man, he's not going down without a fight."
He said which assured me slightly but my eyes trailed the ambulance he left in.

I noticed Kai being completely strapped down now while they put him into one.

"I'm following that ambulance. I'll visit my dad later, you follow the others and make sure they're alright got it?"
I demanded while Hawks let out a small laugh but nodded non the less.

"Kid you really are a hero."
He said before flying off and following the ambulance while I nodded and followed the one that had Kai inside.

It was pretty clear they hadn't noticed me from how high I was in the air.

They had a cop in front of them with a hero inside, I knew that but I was more worried for Kai.
-