8. Please!

"Southeast! Your destination is to your southeast!" Azuki squawked.

"I know. I know! Can you please keep quiet?" Nezuko pleaded, holding her hands to her ears as it continued nonstop, having only taken a nap under some tree for an hour or so after leaving the city.

"Southeast! Southeast! Southeast!"

"Yes yes I know, I'm on my way right now. Can't you see? Please stop. Please, Azuki. Pl-"

"PLEEEAAAAASSSEEE!"

The sudden noise was enough to silence both the demon slayer and her kasugai crow. The boy's shriek was shrill, a withered indigo blue, echoing throughout the valley and rice fields where farmers turned up their heads and shook them. He was just down the path she was on, golden, striking yellow hair like she'd never seen before clinging onto some poor girl who was blaring with disgust.

"Please! Please! Will you marry me? I'm gonna die! I beg you to marry me! Please! I beg of you! You're my only hope left. I'll die if you don't marry me!"

"No way! Get off of me!"

Nezuko put a hand to her chest--Azuki in her own way mirrored her master. "What in the- What is wrong with this guy?" Azuki cooed in agreement and a small, fat little sparrow flew into Nezuko's hand.

Its eyes became rounder, chirping with tears, flapping its wings into her ears. The little creature was tired and desperate for a break--a kasugai like Azuki much to her surprise, who bore the great burden of their master's nature, endless complaining and almost repeated abandonment of his duties. Anymore and the little sparrow would have to report him to headquarters. He'd be kicked out for sure--a rookie already displaying such negligence had no use in the Demon Slayer Corps; despite what she thought, the sparrow didn't want that.

Nezuko sighed, rubbing her ears in preparation. "Alright," she smiled at the bird. "Don't worry I'll handle him."

"Can you please do it?" The boy begged repeatedly.

The closer she marched the more tempted she was to ask Azuki to squawk at her again. "Hey! What's going on here?" she called out.

The boy paid her no mind, but the girl looked at her and began waving Nezuko over frantically. "Help me get him off me please!" she said, pushing him by the shoulders.

"Please, please marry me! I thought we had something! I will-"

Nezuko grabbed the nape of his haori and yanked him off, letting him flounder to the dirt path at their feet. "It's clear she doesn't want you, so quit it. Don't you have any shame? Apologise to her."

The boy promptly whipped around, his face twisted in a shout about to shove his finger in her face, when he stopped himself. Another hue glossed over his presence--his dopey features becoming lilac. Nezuko was stunned and rolled her eyes thereafter; it seemed like that many forces were out for her nerves that day. 'This guy...'

The boy giggled, stumbling on his knees to take her hands. "Oh, you're so cute! Can you marry me~?" he fawned, hovering like a fly over food. The two girls were baffled. "Oh, that ribbon! You're from the final selection right? You understand me, right? Let's run away together! Somewhere they can't come after us!"

She pulled her hands away from his, shooting the boy with her barely constrained scowl. "Nope," she said plainly. "I don't remember meeting any idiot like you."

The boy was left wide-eyed but he lunged to grab her hands again and ended up melted against her side. "B-But... After the final selection. M-Maybe you don't remember so well, you tripped 'n' I helped you."