29. Reunite at the Butterfly Mansion

"Wait a minute. I still have something to say to them!" Nezuko wheezed out, looking at headquarters growing smaller and smaller from her view. "Let me go! I heard him mention Lady Tamayo-" She was cut off again for the hundredth time that day.

    "Shut your ass, okay?! You have no idea how lucky you are to still be alive! Shinazugawa-sama, was this close to killing you!"

    "You lunatic! I would have peed my pants, you know!"

The kakushis yelled back at her. Veins popping, making Nezuko's ears ring. The one carrying Tanjiro's box, attacking her face in a flurry of light punches. Not enough to bruise but enough to hurt the tiniest bit. She then took her cheeks and pulled them, staring dead into Nezuko's soul.

"The pillars are NOT to be messed with, okay?"

"Didn't you see how solemn they were?"

"You're absolutely crazy!"

"Crazy!"

"Now atone for your sins!"

"Atone for them!"

Nezuko's soul had already left her body by that point. Did she regret making a show in front of the pillars? No, not at all. Did she regret hitting Sanemi in the nuts? No, of course not. If she had the chance she would've done worse. But did these kakushi make their point abundantly clear? Surprisingly, yes. The sheer volume of their voices was more than enough. "S-Sorry..." Nezuko said meekly.

--a few moments later--

"Hello, is anyone home?" The kakushi called, sliding open the gate to their destination. "Is anyone home?" They called again, entering the seemingly empty house. The other sighed, motioning them to head another way. "Hm, let's try the courtyard." He said, heading around the side of the entrance.

The path to the courtyard was lined with stones and greenery, short and paling in comparison to the mansion itself that was just as maybe even more breathtaking than the Wisteria Mansion. "Maybe I should just drop you off here." The kakushi carrying Nezuko suggested as they walked along the stones and walls of the mansion.

"Headquarters is quite spacious but this is quite a magnificent place too." Nezuko muttered under her breath as she gawked at her surroundings. Taking in the majestic view until a butterfly fluttered in front of her and it hit her that there were numerous butterflies scattered across the air. "Oh, this must be the Butterfly Mansion right?" She asked though no one answered.

'I'll take that as a yes, but they could at least say something. Are they still mad at me?' She wondered, as they turned the corner to the courtyard.

"Oh someone's here." One kakushi said and all 3 pairs of eyes landed on the same figure standing ahead and a flash glazed Nezuko's eyes. 'Oh! The girl with a butterfly clip from the final selection!'

"I recognise that girl. She became a Demon Slayer at the same time as me. I saw her at the Final Selection." Nezuko said, staring at the girl's alluring and gentle features. Like she was the wing of a butterfly itself. She looked exactly the same from when she last saw her.

"Oi, don't you remember. She knocked you out last night." The kakushi responded as the other turned to them saying, "Yeah. And she's a successor right? What was her name again?"

"A successor?" Nezuko asked, eyes bouncing between the other two.

"Hmph hmph." Tanjiro's muffled noises came through and he scratched against the walls of the box as his kakushi shivered and jumped.

"Oni-chan?" Nezuko muttered and more scratches came followed by some rustling sounds and then silence. The other 3 visitors turned a skeptical eye to the wooden box. Tanjiro had been docile their entire trip, much to the gratitude of the kakushi, but it was definitely weird (and scary) that he was acting up now. They waited in silence for several agonising seconds and eventually the kakushi relaxed and Nezuko drew her attention away from him.