27. The Pillars

"Wake up. Hey wake up. Hey! Can you hear me? Damn you. How long are you going to sleep?! You better wake up now or else!"

Nezuko's eye shot open like she had awakened from a nightmare. In her defense, she just had. The night was not kind to her at all and the annoying pestering of the kakushi member was not the most welcome thing to hear when you've just woken up from much needed rest. Nezuko would've preferred a nice comfy mattress instead of the pebbles below her.

Her eyes wandered around, focusing themselves on the figures above her. Who were they? What were they doing here? "Hm? I heard a Demon Slayer Corps member is accompanied by a demon. I was looking forward to a flamboyant, amazing person. She ended up being some scruffy girl." She heard one of them mutter to themselves.

"All right! Next up, we will put this girl on trial, I see." Another one said and it left Nezuko in even more confusion than she already was in. First she didn't know where she was and why she was tied up and next thing you know, these people are saying they're putting her on trial.

"Who are- Ow!" The kakushi member pushed her head against the ground, with the sharp edges of the stone pressing into her cheeks.

"You have no right to speak here, idiot! Think about who these people are!" He scolded. "The Pillars are standing in front of you!" Nezuko glanced once more at the Pillars who were all looking down at her.

'Pillars?' She thought, 'What's a Pillar? I guess they're demon hunters but... their presence is really intimidating. Who are these people? What's going on? Where am I?'

As if she had read her mind, the lady who had faced off against Tomioka had spoken up. At least she recognised her. "This is the headquarters of the Demon Slayer Corps. Your trial will begin now. Kamado Nezuko-chan." She informed her.

Nezuko's gut dropped at the mention of HER trial. 'Trial for what? For carrying Tanjiro?' She wondered and a million bad things came into light.

Shinobu continued, "But before we continue, I shall state the crime you committed-"

"I don't think a trial is needed!" Someone yelled. Nezuko glanced at him, already intimidated. His presence alone spoke of passion that burned like a great forest fire, and he looked like it too. What with the bright yellow and red hair and matching eyes, Nezuko didn't think someone could resemble a fire so much. "The act of protecting a demon is obviously against corps rules! We can handle this ourselves! Let's behead her and the demon!" He said with a wide grin that was kind of creepy, considering his words.

"The Flame Pillar: Kyojuro Rengoku." The kakushi whispered to her with obvious annoyance. It was clear he was appalled that Nezuko didn't know who these Pillars were.

"Then I shall behead her flamboyantly. Let her flesh and blood splatter flamboyantly." It was the pillar who called her scruffy. "Nobody can do it better than me. For there is no limit to flamboyance." He boasted with style. Unlike Rengoku, he was blindingly decked out in jewelry that jingled in the air. And so did his presence. It was equally as flamboyant as his impeccable (?) fashion.

Nezuko's eyebrows furrowed as the kakushi said,  "The Sound Pillar: Tengen Uzui." But she didn't dwell on it too much, all the Pillars were making bad first impressions anyways.

Her gaze then moved down to the woman in between Rengoku and Tengen. "Who's that?" She asked, motioning her head towards the woman.

"You still have no right to speak here!" The kakushi snapped, hitting Nezuko's head once more. "That's the Love Pillar: Kanroji Mitsuri."

'She's really cute. I wonder why she's looking at me like I'm a wounded puppy though.' Nezuko thought, taking a moment to read her presence which radiated butterflies-in-your-stomach. It was a lot to take in, in truth and absorbing her vibrantly pink and green braids, let alone her uniform, made Nezuko quite dizzy.