Chapter 8: Turtle's Wattpad Account

Written by Butterseer.

~

Darkstalkeruwubaby looked at Moonwatcher with surprise.

"I never thought you would stoop that low," he admitted, looking impressed. "You hit Winter right in the no-no square. He will never recover."

Moonwatcher sniffed. "It's what he deserves." Her eyes glowed. "Anyway, I was trying to find you. Want to be my boyfriend?"

Darkstalker froze. "...?" Horror filled his gray eyes. "Who did this to you?"

"Wait, so... Qibli ISN'T the impostor?" Turtle exclaimed, looking from Qibli to Darkstalker. Guys, this guy really thought Darkstalker had turned himself into Qibli for a sec.

"I never was," said Qibli, regarding Winter's lifeless unconscious body on the floor with horror. He shook as he laid a talon on Winter's forehead. "Oh my god... Moon, why would you do such a thing? For any reason, to anybody?"

Kinkajou sat down hard beside Winter, looking shocked. Waves of crazy colors were going through her scales.

"Because why not? Darkstalkeruwubaby did a bunch of awful things and nobody has killed him for it. He's my role model, and my favorite dragon ever."

Qibli shook Winter roughly despite Winter's awful injuries. "Winter, wake up. Please. We have to save them, and you're our only hope... we need you, Winter." A hot sandy tear fell from one of his eyes and landed in Winter's nostril, but the IceWing lay still.

There was a sudden loud noise from the wall. Anemone emerged from a vent. "heeeeyyy guys." Her expression showed clearly that nobody had been supposed to see that.

"What? ANEMONE? YOU'RE the impostor?" Turtle exclaimed, clutching his heart at this treachery.

"That's right, brother," said Anemone. "I'm an animus. I'm BORN to be evil. Nobody will ever stop me from becoming evil. Even Darkstalker couldn't save himself. So I may as well just be the impostor and be done with it already!"

"Anemone..." Turtle took a deep breath. "We already went over this a book ago!"

"I am a child. I am one year old. I am baby. You really think I remember that?"

"We have to get out of here," Qibli murmured, running his warm talons across Winter's scales. "We came here to save Kinkajou and get Moon's injuries treated. Now that Moon has a crush on Darkstalker and Kinkajou is safe, we have to go before other weird stuff happens!"

Moonwatcher stepped in front of the door right as everyone was about to leave. "Not so fast."

"WHAAA?" said Kinkajou. She began to weep, falling to her knees in front of Moonwatcher. "Moon... you're our friend. MY friend. Please let us go. Or at least... me."

"Kinkajou," Qibli breathed, reaching out to her. But Kinkajou turned away, hiding her face behind one of her feathery ear ruffs.

"Please forgive me," she whispered. "I just don't want to be enchanted too. I'm sorry."

Darkstalker sat down on his throne and began sharpening his pointy crown, clearly prepared to wait until this drama was over before he got around to doing whatever evil thing he had been about to do.

"Kinkajou..." Qibli said again for dramatic effect. But Moonwatcher opened the door and let Kinkajou go. The RainWing ran away down the hall.

"She is the only one who will get my mercy," Moonwatcher promised, red eyes glowing with vengeance. "The rest of you will have to attend my wedding. Or else you will die."

"No," Qibli sobbed, breaking down. It was just too much. First she had called him clingy and denounced his love for her, and now he had to attend her creepy wedding. "Moonwatcher, please come to your senses. This is insanity."

"Insanity is my new lifestyle," Moonwatcher said edgily, giving him a shove. She snapped her claws. "Darkstalkeruwubaby, let's get the wedding started."

Darkstalker stood up from his throne with all the patience in the world. "Moon... I am not very sure about this. I usually love manipulating and abusing people with magic, but it feels wrong when the person being changed is my best friend. You."

Moon growled and gave Darkstalker a slap.

SUDDENLY ANEMONE AND QIBLI STOOD UP!!

"You won't get away with this, Moonwatcher!" said Anemone.

"Yeah. We have another trick up our sleeve," said Qibli. All of a sudden Anemone opened the vent and CLEARSIGHT CAME OUT!

"Hey, Darkstalkeruwubaby," said Clearsight.

"WHAT? I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!" Moonwatcher shrieked, stunned by the sight of the NightWings' most legendary dead prophet standing right there.

"I found her in the vents," said Anemone. "She told me that Darkstalker had enchanted her to become Clearsight. She's really Fierceteeth. She ran away into the vent after eating some nasty olives, and, well, here we are." She grinned.

Moonwatcher hissed as Clearsight advanced on her. It was time for an epic showdown. The winner would get to go to the wedding. Knowing they didn't have much time before one of them was killed, Qibli ran out the door to search for something or someone to help him. Even if Moon was insane and thought that all of Darkstalker's actions were redeemable, he knew he couldn't let her get married to a two thousand year old creep. No sir.

Meanwhile, Turtle and Anemone began to fight too.

"I can't believe you're the impostor!" Turtle enchanted some floor tiles to cut up Anemone's skin.

"Yeah? I can't believe you have a wattpad account!" Anemone flared back, enchanting the floor tiles to become bombs and explode Turtle into pieces.

Turtle's pieces enchanted themselves to reform into intact and indestructible Turtle. Anemone rounded on him with her teeth bared.

Darkstalker just sat there and watched both fights happen, merrily not realizing Qibli had run off.