Chapter 8

We drove Louis home and I stayed at his house all day. We joked around, made cookies and played the Wii. I tried to act normal and he didn't once bring up the crying on the phone thing.

Louis' mum invited my mum over for dinner and afterwards mum drove me home.

Before I went to bed I had a big coughing fit and choked up lots of blood. When mum heard me she came rushing in and held my hair up while I choked blood into the toilet. My throat hurt afterwards and I started crying.

Mum tried to comfort me. "Shhh darling it's ok. Do you want me to get you a glass of water?"

I nodded my head and she quickly went downstairs.

I guess I will have to get used to these types of things.

...................

When I woke up the next morning I had a message.

Louis: Hey Charlz. Do you want to go to the park today?

I felt way too exhausted to go to the park, my body was too weak.

Charlie: Umm.. How bout we come to my house for some movies?

I waited for a reply.

Louis: Alright then. Be there in 5

I quickly got dressed into some baggy clothes.

I then made my way downstairs and poured two bowls of coco pops for Louis and I. His favourite.

I was about to get the milk out of the fridge when I remembered I had to do my make up. "Oh sheesh" I muttered to myself and quickly bolted up the stairs before Louis got here.

I applied some foundation and a tiny bit of blush, I put my eye make up on and then added some lip balm.

I went back downstairs just as Louis got here. We gave each other a hug before going into the kitchen and pouring the milk into our coco pops. Louis picked out the movies while I set up the DVD player and then we both got comfortable on the couch.

After watching 3 movies we decided to go up to my room. We both sat on my bed and chatted for a while before he dropped the question I was dreading.

"Charlie, will you tell me what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I swear." I tried to make my face look as serious as possible but I knew he wouldn't believe me.

"Please Charlotte. Do you seriously expect me to believe that?" he used my full name which he only did when he was serious.

"No" I muttered just loud enough for him to hear.

"Can you tell me?" he asked. "Please?"

I shook my head, avoiding eye contact with him.

He obviously realised I wasn't going to tell him any time soon and gave up.

"Ok" he sighed. "But promise you will tell me one day. When you're ready." He sounded sad and I felt a pang of guilt.

"I promise" I whispered.

I wanted so bad to tell him right then. To have him rub my back and tell me I would be alright. For him to go with me to the hospital. For him to help me through this. But I knew if I did tell him, he would freak out and I couldn't risk him dropping out of X Factor. Ruining all his dreams, just for me and my stupid cancer. The leukemia was already ruining our friendship. I thought Louis would change if he found out, but so far the only person who had changed was me. And if I didn't try and stop now I was going to destroy my friendship with Louis. And I refused to let that happen.

I felt myself about to cry and quickly squeezed my eyes shut. I wasn't going to cry.

I lay my head down on my bed and sighed. I felt so terrible. Poor Lou. He was probably going to give up on me. Forget about me. He deserved a better best friend. In fact I had probably already been replaced by one of his band members.

The next thing I knew I was woken up by the sun pouring through the window, blinding my eyes. What when did I fall asleep? Where did Louis go? I sat up quickly but then felt all the blood rush to my head.

"Arrgh dizzy rush" I said to no one in particular whilst holding my head.

When it passed I looked around and noticed one of my pink sticky notes on my bedside table.

Hey sleepy head. You fell asleep so I decided to let you sleep in peace. Just to let you know I hope you are ok and I will always be here for you. Text me when you wake up in the morning. Love ya- Lou xx

I smiled when I read it before tucking it away in my drawer. I then texted Lou.

Charlie: Whatcha wanna do today? x

Louis: I don't mind. Shopping? $)

Charlie: Sounds great (;

Louis: Ok I'll meet you at your house. Text me when you're ready.

I quickly chucked my phone on my bed and dug through my cupboard before finding something good to wear that covered my body well. I then put my make up on, some sandals and grabbed my wallet and phone before going downstairs.

Charlie: Ready :)

Louis: Wow that was record timing. Especially from you. Be right over (:

...............

That day I had the most fun I had, had in ages. We mucked around, laughed, ate and tried on lots of clothes. I only ended up getting one new outfit whilst Louis got two.

After an exhausting but fun day Louis dropped me home.

I gave him a big hug and breathed in his smell, knowing that he was leaving again tomorrow and I wasn't going to see him for ages after he left.

.........................

A/N. Heya :D Sorry this chapter was very brief. Louis P.O.V again next chapter.

Please comment, I love any comments, even if they are random or weird or critical :D

Sorry my chapters are so short. I will update as often as I can and hopefully everyday.

Thanks heaps for reading my story!

You are amazing!! xx