Chapter 4

I spent the next few days hanging out with Louis. Most of the time I was with him I completely forgot about my Leukemia. I had so much fun with him and he always made me forget about my worries.

.....................

I was at the airport and he was about to board his plane to go for his X Factor audition.

"Bye Lou, good luck! You won't need it though." I hugged him.

"Thanks Charlie, I'll miss you." he told me.

"You too Lou. Call me when you land."

"I will don't worry."

"Mwah" I blew him a kiss and he blew one back before heading towards the gate to board his plane.

I walked over to the window and stood there waiting until his plane took off.

"Bye Louis" I whispered.

...................

The next day was the day of Louis' audition.

I rang Louis that morning when he was at the auditions.

"I am so nervous!" he told me. "There are so many people, I will never get through."

'Lou, you are better then you think. Just pretend you are performing to your family and I."

"Thanks Charl, I'll try"

We talked for a while longer before he had to go.

"It's getting close to my turn, I better get ready." I could hear his voice shaking he was so nervous.

"Ok Lou. Wish I could be there to cheer you on. Good luck! Go show them what you've got!"

"Bye Charlie, love ya"

"Love ya too Lou"

I waited patiently in my room staring at my phone until it rung a while later.

"Hello"

"I got through!!" I heard Louis shout.

I let out a squeal "I'm so proud of you Lou!!!!" I was jumping up and down, so happy for him.

We talked excitedly for a few minutes until he had to go.

....................

"Charlie hurry up!" I heard mum shout from downstairs.

"Just grabbing my shoes" I called back.

We had to go to the hospital for my appointment but I didn't want to go and was taking ages to get ready.

I put my shoes on before heading downstairs and getting in the car.

When we arrived at the hospital we had to wait for about 20mins before it was my turn.

"Charlotte" the doctor called.

I didn't move. "Come on Charlie, the doctor is only going to help you get better." Mum told me. I reluctantly got up and followed her into the doctors room.

The doctor talked to mum about some things but I wasn't listening. Instead I stared blankly at a painting of some fish on the wall.

The doctor ended up giving me a blood test and another needle to help strengthen my body. He handed me a lollipop and printed out a sheet for mum.

He looked at us and spoke in a serious tone "Charlotte's body is very weak at the moment and her spleen is becoming enlarged. We are going to have to remove it. In two months on the 17th we can do this. Does that suit?"

I gulped and mum answered "Yes that sounds good."

"Ok. She can't eat for 12 hours before the operation and can't drink for 3 hours before. Make sure to drink a lot of fluid the night before though. I will see you closer to the date anyway and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask me or call the hospital." I nodded my head and mum talked a bit longer, asking the doctor a few questions before we headed home.